Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers in first place...

Post Thanks / Like

Rangers in first place...

If you would have told me in June that the Rangers would be in first place of the AL west in September, I would have called you crazy.

Somehow, some way, they have managed to eke out enough wins to go up on Houston 1/2 game as of last night.

Their starting pitching stinks, most of their first line players are having a really terrible year with a bat, Fielder can't seem to find his home run formula, and their bullpen is the worst I have seen in years. And Colby Lewis, at whom I used to cringe whenever I saw him enter a game, is their best starter.

They still can't seem to hit up to potential, and their pitching staff has been listening to Maddox too much with their penchant to try and "paint the corners" despite having piss poor control.

I will never understand how they have gotten this far, but it is a pleasant surprise.

I can only imagine what will happen when they finally get their A act on board.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

2. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    LOL Chief LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would be neat if both the Rangers and Astros make the playoffs.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I watched that game last night and it was really refreshing to see the Astros were the ones the Rangers were battling with. I don't get how the Rangers are getting it done, but they are. I would love to see the Mets play the Astros in the World Series. Believe it will be Royals-Dodgers though or Royals - Cardinals.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the Rangers may get lucky enough (certainly not talented enough) to get to a playoff, but they won't disappoint once they get there... They will immediately go down in the first round.

I say we sell them to the Phillipines and rename them the Manilla Folders.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

6. LOL fchafey, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Saddened by Chief is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    KC is in a bit of a slump lately.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched that game last night and it was really refreshing to see the Astros were the ones the Rangers were battling with. I don't get how the Rangers are getting it done, but they are. I would love to see the Mets play the Astros in the World Series. Believe it will be Royals-Dodgers though or Royals - Cardinals.
    what'd you think of last night's game? any mis-givings on your earlier ......predictions?....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what'd you think of last night's game? any mis-givings on your earlier ......predictions?....mac
    Gotta admit, their bats are spotty, at best. My wife and I have had many a night watching them swat 10 or more runs, and saying to ourselves "Sure hope they save a few of those for tomorrow" just to have them lose the next day 1-0..

And their pitching is always a heart attack to watch.

They are fairly good through the 5th inning, unless their starter is having an exceptionally bad night. But once they get into the bullpen, all bets are off.... Sheppers should have been kept down at 3A... What appears to be happening is that they have no real prospects for pitching and just keep recycling the losers they own from 3A to the bigs, and then back down a few times.

The real bitch is the folks they get rid of. The ones who don't do squat for the Rangers, get traded, and then have an epiphany at their new club. Nelly Cruz for example. Then, they dump players who perform poorly, and buy them back later like Hamilton... Who immediately get injured when rehired after a game or 2... Napoli has been somewhat of a surprise though..Simply remarkable that they have gotten this far.

This has to be the one example of exception to the axiom that stupidity is doing the same dumb thing over and over and expecting a different result.

10. LOL Chief LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The swept the Astro's good on them and maybe an honest good old Texas rivalry is budding. Didn't watch the game, last night. Am travelling up north, got issues at mom's house in Jersey.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck in Jersey.

13. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, like I figured, they started Gallardo last night and he sucked... as usual. The Rangers never could beat the Mariners anyhow, and last nights failure was about what I expected from them.

One good thing however was that head coach Bannister got tossed early in the game and his replacement didn't waste any time getting Gallardo out of the game. They need to recycle him back to 3A with Scheppers. But, once a few Rangers get a hit, they were done for the day and laid back losing the game 3-1..

Like I said, they should have saved a few runs for the Mariners.

15. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast