Cedar Ridge @ Shoemaker

Friday games:
    Ellison @ McNeil
    Round Rock @ Cove
    Belton @ Stony Point
    5A #8 Timberview @ Midway
    Heights @ University
    5A #6 Vandegrift @ Killeen

Some good games here..Shoemaker & Ellison should be tested here. Heights should pick up win #1..gonna be a tough one for the Roos & for Cove.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not gonna be a good year for this district.
    Cove will be 0-3 for sure. Round Rock shut them out last year.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boy special teams was the difference to me last night with Shoemaker..would've been a different outcome had there not been problems with the snapper-punter exchange. 19-6 last night and 12 of their 19 points came off of good field position because of those issues. But that's what this part of the season is for, and credit to Cedar Ridge, that's why it's good to play teams like they are.

I did really, really like what I saw from the defense, especially considering the circumstances they sometimes were under. Secondary needs some more work, but they made good adjustments in the second half. 2-1 on to NB Canyon.

Wanted to know why #5 Everett didn't play more, he seemed to have some more success running against Cedar Ridge than the other 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shoemaker is still poised to have a good season.
    After tonight Cove will be 0-3. Wonder how long until fans turn against Jack Welch.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a little peeved today reading the KDH as they had articles about every HS team except the Ellison Eagles. It has been that way since day 1 of the season 2. You wouldn't even know they had a team who was 2-0, much less a team at all.

And there are 2 boys that sit in front of me at church who both played for CCHS the last few years that have, for some reason, decided not to play football any more. When I asked them why, it was because they had decided that playing baseball was less... injury prone... than playing football. Sad, but understandable.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Plus baseball doesn't demand round the calendar workouts like Welch does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got Ellison, Round Rock, Belton, Timberview, Heights & Vandegrift winning tonight.

8. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only halftime now. Still a lot of football to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ellison Eagles won in overtime tonight 28-21 according to a band mom in attendance.

11. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    KHS played a good game with 4th ranked Vadergrift. Lots of improvement!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast