Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: San Antonio Thugs Target Referee

Post Thanks / Like
    Why does the ref have to be the one to file the charges? My guess is the DA could easily prosecute with the video evidence alone, unless I'm missing something.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

Post Thanks / Like
    The ref was the one attacked.

Bonus: If the ref files charges, it will make it that much easier for teachers to do the same in a similar situation.

i worked as a long term sub for the NISD AD while he was still a principal and his campus was NOT out of control. I hope that the delay in consequences means that NISD is building a serious case that will stick. They need to be expelled for a period of time and banned from the sport for the rest of their high school years (thus killing off college football hopes)
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

3. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't think there has been a delay. The game was played on Friday and they have thus far been suspended from school and kicked off the team. This being the holiday weekend, I think they have done what they can at this point. UIL and the school bosses will meet sometime this week.

5. Likes yankeerunner, CenTexDave, Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeerunner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that the ref should file criminal charges against these two players!
    i agree with you. i just a few moments ago saw a video that i hadn't seen yet of the whole back field from the goal line to the line of scrimmage and those 2 boys lined that referee up perfectly....straight as a string andwent straight at him from the hike to the hit. absolutely nothing accidental about it and the boys should suffer the consequences now.....even incarceration......(and I happen to be one of those who is generally against incarceration!).....mac
    Last edited by mac; September 8th, 2015 at 12:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, to anyone but a bleeding heart, it is obviously aggravated assault.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Just read the "choir boys" are claiming the ref used racial epitaphs against them and an assistant coach told them to do it.
    The assistant coach has been suspended. Of course the school district may even believe that nonsense as they have filed a complaint with the officials' association.
    Bunch of rubbish - slam these two little punks, do it now and do it hard.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

9. Likes sojourner truth, Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I don't think there has been a delay. The game was played on Friday and they have thus far been suspended from school and kicked off the team. This being the holiday weekend, I think they have done what they can at this point. UIL and the school bosses will meet sometime this week.
    That's rather what I meant. They have done as much as they can immediately without a fully finished investigation. They may be able to add on to it once the investigation is over. And I hope they do. That sort of cancerous behavior should not be allowed to spread.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

11. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Just read the "choir boys" are claiming the ref used racial epitaphs against them and an assistant coach told them to do it.
    The assistant coach has been suspended. Of course the school district may even believe that nonsense as they have filed a complaint with the officials' association.
    Bunch of rubbish - slam these two little punks, do it now and do it hard.
    I was waiting for them to drop the race card... Didn't take them long to figure that one out.

I guess if someone calls me something I don't like it is OK to blindside sucker punch them. Or does that only work for one race?
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

13. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    Or does that only work for one race?
    Drop the first two words from your sentence and the question mark.

15. LOL sojourner truth LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure we'll be hearing from the "Reverends" Jackson and Sharpton soon about this incident.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast