Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: San Antonio Thugs Target Referee

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

San Antonio Thugs Target Referee

This is Northside ISD.

These punks need to be prosecuted and this needs to be the last game they ever play in. If the coach ordered it, he needs to be prosecuted as well.

Report: School district suspends football players for targeting referee

2. Saddened by pioneer, cnjbond is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    They need to be jailed.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

4. Likes cnjbond, CenTexDave, yankeerunner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are the type of idiots that will become the next Maurice Clarett if they're allowed to get away with this crap!!!
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

6. Likes Night Owl, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marble Falls' coach stated that Jay's coach apologized for the incident and was very upset with the two thugs, so he probably had nothing to do with it.
    Two other Jay players were tossed prior to this play, so these little brats probably set this up.
    Northside ISD has suspended them from the team, but they need to make it a lifetime suspension.
    Ahh yes, good ol' Maurice. What an idiot. Had the world in the palm of his hand. He is now, however, on the speaking circuit and in most demand talking to teams and players.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

8. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Likes yankeerunner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, according to the news, the players will be banned from the sport forever... Just thin k, you just blew your high school football days, making it nearly impossible to get into a college program, much less the pros, on a second of really stupid revenge rage.

But knowing football, and the minds behind the game, there will always be some way out of this for the player. We have seen too many cases of players doing dumb stuff and getting a pass... at all levels.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    They were also suspended from school. Hope a prosecution is in their futures.

11. Likes CenTexDave, cnjbond liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, according to the news, the players will be banned from the sport forever... Just thin k, you just blew your high school football days, making it nearly impossible to get into a college program, much less the pros, on a second of really stupid revenge rage.

But knowing football, and the minds behind the game, there will always be some way out of this for the player. We have seen too many cases of players doing dumb stuff and getting a pass... at all levels.
    If they were accomplished players, they might be awarded football scholarships to play at a private high school and participate in TAPPS games instead of UIL games.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I figure that if there is some method of escape for them, they will find it.

I heard that there were 2 other players suspended prior to this incident for some reason I am unaware of.

Frankly, if I were a coach at any level I would have to think long and hard about allowing players with no discipline like this on my team.... But then, knowing how some coaches are, personal virtue is not high on their list of priorities is especially when it comes to winning.

It has gotten to the point of being a disgrace to sports at all levels.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that the ref should file criminal charges against these two players!

15. Likes cnjbond liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    In no way do I condone any aspect of the behavior of the two players.

I think the behavor of the students points to a much larger problem. I think it speaks to a lack of respect for teachers that had to leak to coaches eventually. John Jay High school is in a rougher part of town and has a difficult population. This was the school (in addition to the feeder middle schools) that wanted to put RFID chips in the student IDs to help decrease tudents out of class wtihout permission. The chips would only work on campus. The kids protested and I think they won. They fact that they fought it so vehemently is the telling part.

I am glad that JHS and NISD have reacted as quickly as they legally can, and I hope the punishments keep rolling in. There is no room for that sort of behavior in school and if there is a sliver of a chance that kids can get aaway with it, then there will be a lot more of it.

I wonder just how effective the leadership is at Jay for kids to even THINK they could get away with this stunt. Because it went so viral, it is the sort of incident that even a weak leader can't let go because there is so much more pressure from above in favor of consequences.

I had heard the ref was going to file charges. I hope he does.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

17. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast