Thread: What to do on South Padre?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What to do on South Padre?

We are going there in the near future and I am looking for suggestions on things to do, recommended restaurants, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the original Whataburger is in Corpus. There is a statue of the Whataburger dude sitting on a bench, out front.The golf course on the air station is wide open, albiet pretty windy most of the time and a few really nice restraunt s are Ceviche Ceviche, the Sea Ranch Bar and Pier 19 is nice too. At least all this was very nice in May 2011 right before I deployed. Took the wife down there for 4 days, was a blast.
    Last edited by fchafey; August 20th, 2015 at 1:18 PM.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

3. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seeing that spring break is over, and all the sexy co-eds are back in school, you are in for a boring time.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

5. LOL Rick, cnjbond LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walk the beach and keep you eyes down, you might find a Spanish Doubloon or other treasure that regularly washes up. I believe that they now prohibit the use of metal detectors... a real shame... but the hunters were destroying the beach with their reckless digging and not filling their holes.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    From what I've read, they are prohibited on what is called the national seashore. I'm taking mine and will ask when we get there.