Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HARP Baked Goods Sale

Post Thanks / Like
    We fostered for older children... middle school and beyond... for ten years. It was heartbreaking for us. The children would stay with us for a few months... just long enough to form a bond... and then CPS would decide to move them and forbid any further contact with us. It was the final straw when we found out through a third party that two of our girls were being abused by their new foster parents and there was not a thing we could do about it.

“Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall enjoy everything." (G.K. Chesterton)

2. Saddened by Yve, lan_carter, siamcat, flowbotronic is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was a foster child...twice. My first foster family quit shortly after I moved on because it was heartbreaking for them. They had four boys of their own. At one time we had thirteen kids under one roof. I was only with them for nine months. We knew there were some poor foster homes. I was blessed to get one of the best families in the area right off the bat.

I went from a neglectful home of older, alcoholic parents to a grown sibling's home which was physically and emotionally abusive...which explains the second placement. I was only with my first family for 9 months but it was my only experience of "normal" family and it became the model I followed for my own family. That was a very important nine months that changed the course of my life for the good.
    “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”Edmund Burke
    “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”Martin Luther King, Jr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lan_carter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mac,

Wow, every now and then... you write something that surprises me. After I became a CPS Investigator (short stint), I decided that one day I'd like to be a foster mom.
    why.....thank you, lan. i think i 'ppreciate your comment....mac

5. Thanks lan_carter thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We fostered for older children... middle school and beyond... for ten years. It was heartbreaking for us. The children would stay with us for a few months... just long enough to form a bond... and then CPS would decide to move them and forbid any further contact with us. It was the final straw when we found out through a third party that two of our girls were being abused by their new foster parents and there was not a thing we could do about it.
    I never fostered kids, but my neighbors do. We always welcomed them and it was heartbreaking for me to see them leave after a few month. The little ones loved our dog, back when they swam in our pool, most were sweet. I couldn't foster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    I never fostered kids, but my neighbors do. We always welcomed them and it was heartbreaking for me to see them leave after a few month. The little ones loved our dog, back when they swam in our pool, most were sweet. I couldn't foster.
    that's very close to what happened to my wife and I......when it came time to give them back to the Government.....well, it was just more than she could bear and to be honest about it, me too. So we extended our tour for a couple of years and adopted them too! Probl'ly one of the smartest things I ever did.....mac

8. Likes Night Owl liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2