Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My Disappearance!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My Disappearance!

Woke up at 2am with my heart racing. I've had atrial fibrillation in the past, so I knew what was going on. Put my polar heart rate monitor on and this was the result.

So I woke my wife up and told her that we had to go to the er and I've been here in the ICU all day and will be here until it straightens out, hopefully on its own, if not, then they might have to try to shock it into sinus rhythm.

It would really be nice if the damn place could get the tv's in the rooms working.
    This is on every channel.

Good old Army Medical Center.

2. Saddened by CenTexDave, just2cents, TheOldProgrammer, circle_c is saddened by this post
    Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry! Better an interruption in the TV signal and the heart working than the other way around, though!
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

4. Likes CenTexDave, just2cents, Mestral, SamBrown liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get well soon Rick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, did you?
    Check the connections, that is?
    Or contact your service provider to restore service? No matter that the service provider there at the hospital is not YOUR service provider, you have to contact YOUR service provider. That's what the instructions said, and like a good old Solder, you follow instructions.
    Right?
    Hope you feel and get better soon.

7. Likes Mestral liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave, TheOldProgrammer, Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably been watching MSNBC again... Get well quick bud.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

9. LOL Grammar Rules, CenTexDave, Mestral, SamBrown LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My guess is that they didn't pay the cable bill. Obamacare probably doesn't allow sophisticated technology like working televisions.

Hell, here at the Army Medical Center, they had to transport me to Metroplex for an ECG. This place has gone downhill since my last episode.

Most of the ER staff and all of ICU and of course, the pharmacy have been absolutely fantastic.

When I found out that there's no cardiologist here anymore, I thought they would have sent me to a hospital that has one.

11. Likes Ang, TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get well soon Rick. Be through this myself a time or two.

thoughts and prayers your way.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

13. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There used to be a tarot card reader downtown. They might be able to help, they are a cardiologist, aren't they?

get well quick Rick. I had two episodes about 20 years ago. No problems since. Back then they used a drug through the an I've to slow the heart rate to normal. Dr told me it would feel like a elephant kicked me in the chest. After it was done I told him it didn't feel like an elephant but a whole herd run over me. Heart rate went to normal in a heart beat (pun intended) and they sent me home right away. EKG showed heart rate over 200 beats per minute. They were upset that I drove by two hospitals to get to them.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

15. Thanks Rick thanked this post
    LOL Rick, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There used to be a tarot card reader downtown. They might be able to help, they are a cardiologist, aren't they?

get well quick Rick. I had two episodes about 20 years ago. No problems since. Back then they used a drug through the an I've to slow the heart rate to normal. Dr told me it would feel like a elephant kicked me in the chest. After it was done I told him it didn't feel like an elephant but a whole herd run over me. Heart rate went to normal in a heart beat (pun intended) and they sent me home right away. EKG showed heart rate over 200 beats per minute. They were upset that I drove by two hospitals to get to them.
    The first time in 2004, I didn't know what was going on. It felt weird, I tried to take my pulse, but there was no way it was as high as I thought it was. So I activated the heart rate monitor on my exercise bike and was shocked that it said 187. I drove to the hospital and they rushed me to a bed and did the chemical stress test to try to settle it down, but it didn't work. So they admitted me to the CCU and they were able to slow the rate, but it still took almost a full day to return to normal rhythm.

The second time, in 2007, it hit in the evening, so my wife drove me. That too, took a day to return to normal.

Same thing this time. But they were messing with the dose of the meds to slow it down. They wanted to take me off the IV that was working and put me on a pill, that wasn't working, so it probably lasted longer than it needed to.

Mestral, Austin Heart has a doctor who works in Seton, so supposedly, I will go there. They have already paved the way and the meds I am on are what the cardiologist told them to put me on.

Xarelto is unlike warfarin/coumodin in that if I get a severe cut, it will be very hard to stop the bleeding. But I don't have to go for a weekly blood test. I don't want to be on any of it for something that only comes around every few years, but the DR thinks I have had small episodes of A-Fib, so they want to prevent clotting, which can cause a stroke.

Tomorrow, I start to deal with the problems that were found during the endoscopy that I had last week. Esophagus is a mess. Hiatal hernia, esophagitis, gastritis, and a stricture, all classified as severe. We'll see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The first time in 2004, I didn't know what was going on. It felt weird, I tried to take my pulse, but there was no way it was as high as I thought it was. So I activated the heart rate monitor on my exercise bike and was shocked that it said 187. I drove to the hospital and they rushed me to a bed and did the chemical stress test to try to settle it down, but it didn't work. So they admitted me to the CCU and they were able to slow the rate, but it still took almost a full day to return to normal rhythm.

The second time, in 2007, it hit in the evening, so my wife drove me. That too, took a day to return to normal.

Same thing this time. But they were messing with the dose of the meds to slow it down. They wanted to take me off the IV that was working and put me on a pill, that wasn't working, so it probably lasted longer than it needed to.

Mestral, Austin Heart has a doctor who works in Seton, so supposedly, I will go there. They have already paved the way and the meds I am on are what the cardiologist told them to put me on.

Xarelto is unlike warfarin/coumodin in that if I get a severe cut, it will be very hard to stop the bleeding. But I don't have to go for a weekly blood test. I don't want to be on any of it for something that only comes around every few years, but the DR thinks I have had small episodes of A-Fib, so they want to prevent clotting, which can cause a stroke.

Tomorrow, I start to deal with the problems that were found during the endoscopy that I had last week. Esophagus is a mess. Hiatal hernia, esophagitis, gastritis, and a stricture, all classified as severe. We'll see.
    that seton heart doc is dr. mccullough. when I had my ha several months ago he took care of me from when i arrived till when i was discharged...and i was in a real mess cause i was also in the middle of a respiratory arrest. But, he took dammed good care of me and here i am back home again....will never be what i once was but that's to be expected.....i'm very happy with seton AND my docs and nurses......mac (a dr. gallup took care of the respiration business and as far as i'm concerned he's great too!)

((if i had to complain about anything it would be about the discharge planning, i'm used to VA discharge planning and it's head and shoulders above seton's......))

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast