Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Failed Horticulture

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The title of this thread.
    yeow, i saw that....but haven't seen any 'horticulture' in a "failure" mode......and i'm one of those who still take the farm bureau magazine AND the Wallace Farmer.....Seems like it just keeps gettin' better and better......I mean, Good Lord! Our horticulture, our agriculture is feeding so many more people today than it did a century ago it's almost unfathomable. For some good fun and eye opening info, compare how many folks a typical rice paddy or corn field will feed today as compared to even a decade ago, let alone a century......mac
    Last edited by mac; July 16th, 2015 at 1:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The term is not limited to food production. Widen your horizons.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The term is not limited to food production. Widen your horizons.
    ok.....but we also have more inedible trees in the nation than we did when the place was discovered by europeans!.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Due to excessive rain or drought, we are growing our veggies in pots again this year. Most of them came back. Herbs did alright, too. My brightest idea yet was to put the heavier ones on wheels so my back is a little happier..

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't use a bag when I mow. To deal with the cut grass that winds up on the sidewalk, I make a pass down it with the mower, just to blow the grass back onto the lawn!
    Methinks that most people who bag their grass, have OCD, and think that a "dirty" lawn is 'bad'.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2