Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NSAIDS Heart Attack Warning Now

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I don't think the OTC med corps are paying off the govt
    FDA has been in the deep pockets of corporations for years, except when they are in the deep pockets
    of the demonically liberal agenda. I have known they were wholly untrustworthy, since before the early 90's.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

2. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I suppose my next visit to the doctor will be interesting, if nothing else then.

When I found out that I would need some sort of permanent pain medication for degenerative bone disease of the lower back, I was given my choice of preferred pain relievers. I chose Tramadol (Ultram) because it was non narcotic, did the job pretty well, and was not so user unfriendly as the other alternatives. Now, they have placed it on the "Can't get without fighting with your doctor for a month" list. Of course... Whatever works, they make impossible to get.

Now, I am told to just take some Advil or Aleve and muddle along. In other words, "suck it up". The Advil and Aleve don't work worth a damn, but it is all I have. Now they are saying it is bad for me too, and can cause a heart attack. Ibupropen 800 does some good for my feet (Styloid process) but not for my lower back.

As I said, I will bet good money the doctor will now simply tell me "Oh well, nothing we can do" and I will truly have to just "suck it up".

What a world.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

4. Saddened by Grammar Rules, CenTexDave is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I suppose my next visit to the doctor will be interesting, if nothing else then.

When I found out that I would need some sort of permanent pain medication for degenerative bone disease of the lower back, I was given my choice of preferred pain relievers. I chose Tramadol (Ultram) because it was non narcotic, did the job pretty well, and was not so user unfriendly as the other alternatives. Now, they have placed it on the "Can't get without fighting with your doctor for a month" list. Of course... Whatever works, they make impossible to get.

Now, I am told to just take some Advil or Aleve and muddle along. In other words, "suck it up". The Advil and Aleve don't work worth a damn, but it is all I have. Now they are saying it is bad for me too, and can cause a heart attack. Ibupropen 800 does some good for my feet (Styloid process) but not for my lower back.

As I said, I will bet good money the doctor will now simply tell me "Oh well, nothing we can do" and I will truly have to just "suck it up".

What a world.
    yep on the ibuprofen but now they put it on the ha list too!.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    I rarely take pain meds. Most of my pain is not bad enough. I think I still have the stuff they gave me a few years ago when I had a cyst removed.

All meds have risks and side effects, just listen to any commercial on TV. I always think the side effects are worse then the problem.

7. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I am glad to hear you are pain free. Give it a few more years and see how you think.

I was too until I hit about age 55, then my left arm got to the point where I couldn't lift it above my waist. They did surgery and corrected that and now it is doing great. After that it was the lower back.

I asked them to do surgery, and they told me it wouldn't help. Then I went through 4 years of spinal injections, and finally had a nerve burned out with a Radio Frequency Ablation. They said that was all they could do. So they put me on pain meds and an electric shock device for my spine, and that works well enough that I can at least sleep for about 4 to 6 hours a night.

Then they put my non narcotic pain med on the ban list, and now the ibupropen is going to kill me, so I guess I will just not sleep at night, and be in pain all day and night.

Are there things they can give me that would give me a better quality of life? Sure. But they won't because the FDA and AMA have put a gun to the doctors head, and now track who gives what, and what they are giving to their patients.

That is probably a good thing, as it does control a lot of the BS doctors from giving away pills like candy to people who don't need them. What the end effect and result is, is that people who have a genuine need now have to live in pain daily because a handful of folks have abused the system and it has become an industry to those who are addicted to pain meds... That's why I chose Ultram as my pain med. I take what I need when I need it, and if I don't need it, I am not in pain and don't take it. Without the addiction to a narcotic.

Been through that when I was wounded and the Army doctors gave you pain meds that were narcotics like candy. I never want to suffer through that again. Withdrawal is worse than the original pain, and not worth it.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

9. Likes Grammar Rules, birdfriend liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the most part, though not always, when I am in pain I am reminded of Colossians 1:24. He too was offered, but did not take, pain meds.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    ST, you're exactly right. When my husband was dying of cancer, they were generous with the meds because he wouldn't live long enough for addiction to be a problem. Still, as caregiver, I had to leave someone else with him to go pick up renewal RX in person, then go to the pharmacy in person and sign a record.

I don't know how they handle it now, two years later, but I suspect it's even harder to get pain meds for cancer patients now. Back pain is a killer. No way to move anything without affecting it, and it just wears you out dealing with it.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ibuprophen is not as high profit as it used to be, so it is in the drugmakers interest to steer the crowds towards something
    with a higher profit margin. That may be the same reason they want to make Tramadol hard to get, as well, but I don't know
    what it is they want to steer you towards.

I recall Air Traffic Control towers, for a time, had candy dishes full of Motrin tablets.
    (Not that they will admit it, but ATC went through some crazy times in the 80's.)

I take OTC Ibuprofen for a degenerating disc in my back, and tendon damage in my left arm. I don't ask the doctors for it,
    I just buy it regularly at HEB. (Some of you may recall I mentioned a shortage of it on here, several months ago)
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    Ibuprophen is not as high profit as it used to be, so it is in the drugmakers interest to steer the crowds towards something
    with a higher profit margin. That may be the same reason they want to make Tramadol hard to get, as well, but I don't know
    what it is they want to steer you towards.

I recall Air Traffic Control towers, for a time, had candy dishes full of Motrin tablets.
    (Not that they will admit it, but ATC went through some crazy times in the 80's.)

I take OTC Ibuprofen for a degenerating disc in my back, and tendon damage in my left arm. I don't ask the doctors for it,
    I just buy it regularly at HEB. (Some of you may recall I mentioned a shortage of it on here, several months ago)
    yep, i take it for the same reason.....not very often but when it acts up, that's what I grab....a couple of the 800mg....20 minutes later, it's all gone.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    For the most part, though not always, when I am in pain I am reminded of Colossians 1:24. He too was offered, but did not take, pain meds.
    'scuse me?....mac

15. Likes Mestral liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast