Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Turn On Fox 44

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a heck of a lot more a sport than is Baseball, Golf, or Polo and even Football; about equal to Hockey, and Basketball. Not that I'm a fan, mind you. But with a granddaughter on the varsity squad in High School I have to at least give it lip service.
    Rick's right....it's NOT a sport. It's a game. Now skeet shooting?......now that there's a sport. A sportsman is not a gamesman or even an athlete...or even a driver.....mac

2. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    LOL Night Owl, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And hunting is a sport, from what I hear. It's just that your opponent doesn't know it's playing.

4. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see some NFL or NBA guys run up and down the field or court for 120 minutes. That is how long Germany and France played in the quarter-finals. Two 45 minute halves, and additional stoppage/injury time added, and two 15 minute OT's, stoppage/injury time added. Total play time in that contest was 128 minutes. No time outs.
    Face it - it's the world's biggest sport.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

6. Likes 100,000plus+1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, all the players don't run constantly all of the time. Put your best athletes off of any high school football team in Killeen, after a little coaching, against the high school soccer team in a game...and see what happens.Soccer has been pushed to be more popular in the U.S. for a long time...IMO, it will never come close to our other sports that we recognize. It is, of course, in the rest of the world...but, in the U.S.?.(.A sport in which you can't use your hands????)....I don't think so. Not, at least, in the forseeable future, imo....Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that the kids have another sport to play....but...take the place of football, basketball, baseball, track..in the US?...ummmmm..Don't think so.

8. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    Dave, all the players don't run constantly all of the time. Put your best athletes off of any high school football team in Killeen, after a little coaching, against the high school soccer team in a game...and see what happens.Soccer has been pushed to be more popular in the U.S. for a long time...IMO, it will never come close to our other sports that we recognize. It is, of course, in the rest of the world...but, in the U.S.?.(.A sport in which you can't use your hands????)....I don't think so. Not, at least, in the forseeable future, imo....Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that the kids have another sport to play....but...take the place of football, basketball, baseball, track..in the US?...ummmmm..Don't think so.
    actually, i think you're prob'ly correct as far as the guys go but I kind of think that soccer will (and already is) a big big hit for the ladies.....i can't think of a bigger team sport for the ladies that'll even come close.....certainly not baseball, basketball or football....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    I would love to see some NFL or NBA guys run up and down the field or court for 120 minutes. That is how long Germany and France played in the quarter-finals. Two 45 minute halves, and additional stoppage/injury time added, and two 15 minute OT's, stoppage/injury time added. Total play time in that contest was 128 minutes. No time outs.
    Face it - it's the world's biggest sport.
    Ya but, it's still soccer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    i've seen that. The soccer team runs them into the ground. Sure, the goalie stands there. But the rest of them are constantly moving. Maybe not an all out sprint, but they aren't just standing around, run a play which takes 8 seconds, walk back to a huddle and have a 30 second play clock.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    actually, i think you're prob'ly correct as far as the guys go but I kind of think that soccer will (and already is) a big big hit for the ladies.....i can't think of a bigger team sport for the ladies that'll even come close.....certainly not baseball, basketball or football....mac
    Softball? The ladies don't play baseball.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    True. And none of the big leaguers could hit real good fast pitch softball pitching.

14. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone cares Japan and England play at 6PM Central on Fox Sports 1. Check out who the USA plays on Sunday evening for the WWC.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast