Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Weight Loss Center

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Texas Weight Loss Center

Quote Originally Posted by skipster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey keep us posted on how it is going I have thought about trying them.
    After week one:

I have lost 9 pounds, one belt hole and a pant size.

I am starting to get the energy "boost" they said I would have.

I feel better than I have in a long time and best of all, I am feeling better about myself.

Still cautiously optimistic.

Call (254) 690-6300 for information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick, thanks for the feedback!

Do the Vitamin B12 shots actually make a difference?
    What if you don't need appetite suppressants, 'cause you have no real appetite?

Can you get them to chat here on the forum???

Post Thanks / Like
    Do they branches elsewhere or is this just a local outfit?
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MyFoot76541 View Post
    Rick, thanks for the feedback!

Do the Vitamin B12 shots actually make a difference?
    What if you don't need appetite suppressants, 'cause you have no real appetite?

Can you get them to chat here on the forum???

I sent them an email letting them know that there are questions. You can call them for information as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FieryPrincess View Post
    Do they branches elsewhere or is this just a local outfit?
    They also have a clinic in Houston.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rick,

What exactly does their program consist of? I know they give you shots. What is their diet menu?

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I did not feel like listening to a possible sales pitch when I call them (and I hate being on the phone), I did some research online. Apparently, in weight loss, if vitamin B12 shots are given in a clinic environment, it is either the 500 calorie HCG diet (female pregnancy hormone) or a combination of phentermine as appetite suppressant and B12 boosters. Looking at their website, since they mention appetite suppressant, I would assume they do the latter.

Either way or - While briefly considering it, I still prefer to do it the natural way ... it's slower, but I really learn to live with it on a daily basis for long term success. Yes, I'd love to lose 9 lbs in a week, but I would not learn anything from it. That's just me - I always chose the more natural way if at all possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I did not get a sales pitch the first time I went in to get information. I suspect that is because they are very busy and don't have time. They gave me a few sheets of paper with their information (they did not know that I was from Centextalk and had just started to run their ad).

It is NOT the 500 calorie diet. I would not inject myself to fool my body into thinking I was pregnant??? I don't get that. Besides, 500 calories, really?

It is the phentermine, B12, and if you choose, Lipoden injections and a high protein, low carb diet. Atkins or South Beach. I have an appointment tomorrow, but according to my scale, I have lost 13 pounds in two weeks. I feel stronger, have more energy, and I am learning a lot about what to eat and what not to eat to keep this going when I am done with the injections in two months.

It may not be for everyone, but it is worth checking out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I did not get a sales pitch the first time I went in to get information. I suspect that is because they are very busy and don't have time. They gave me a few sheets of paper with their information (they did not know that I was from Centextalk and had just started to run their ad).

It is NOT the 500 calorie diet. I would not inject myself to fool my body into thinking I was pregnant??? I don't get that. Besides, 500 calories, really?

It is the phentermine, B12, and if you choose, Lipoden injections and a high protein, low carb diet. Atkins or South Beach. I have an appointment tomorrow, but according to my scale, I have lost 13 pounds in two weeks. I feel stronger, have more energy, and I am learning a lot about what to eat and what not to eat to keep this going when I am done with the injections in two months.

It may not be for everyone, but it is worth checking out.
    Do you find the diet very restrictive? Just asking cause I have considered this program before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    No, the only things I shouldn't eat that I really like are potatoes, rice, and bread. But I figure, once I get to where I want to be, a little won't kill me. Besides, the go ahead on bacon and eggs make up for it...LOL

I probably could have lost more had I gone to the gym to work out more. But a crazy schedule, a new (hopefully) minor injury, (something that always happens when I try to get more active) and a recurring calf injury kept me from doing more than I should have...excuses, I know...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    No, the only things I shouldn't eat that I really like are potatoes, rice, and bread. But I figure, once I get to where I want to be, a little won't kill me. Besides, the go ahead on bacon and eggs make up for it...LOL

I probably could have lost more had I gone to the gym to work out more. But a crazy schedule, a new (hopefully) minor injury, (something that always happens when I try to get more active) and a recurring calf injury kept me from doing more than I should have...excuses, I know...
    I think I have almost been talked into this........especially since you are having a possitive experience. Several years ago I did the low-carb thing and lost quite a bit of weight.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast