Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Weight Loss Center

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    If you do, please let them know that you saw it here. I get nothing for referrals, but if they keep advertising, that's a good thing. I have set up an account for them to use to answer questions, but between running a clinic here, and one in Houston, I am sure they are very busy.

Today's appointment results according to their scale,

Lost 12 pounds

BMI went from 37% to 34% in just two weeks.

If you go, be sure to make an appointment. Those with appointments go to the front of the line. I did today an went ahead of about five people who were walk-ins.

Post Thanks / Like
    I could never go on a low carb diet, love my bread and potatoes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the phentermine make you jittery or change the way you feel, like moody, edgy, or anything?

I am looking for assistance with weight loss. Although I have initially lost 20 lbs on my own - I can't seem to get over that next hump... and I still have a lot more to go... But I am kind of leery of these diet meds...

And I agree, the 500 calorie HCG diet is crazy! A lady I know is doing that, and she is losing weight like mad, but she gets her injections from Asia. Who knows what pregnancy hormones they send her!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could never go on a low carb diet, love my bread and potatoes.
    You know what? I dreaded the thought of that too. But I have found that after a meal with meat, vegetables, and no potatoes, I am satisfied, but not feeling as if I am weighed down by the potato I used to eat.

It is a good feeling.

As for bread, a slice of bread has 11 grams of carbs. So I don't think that an occasional piece will hurt you. They tell you to stay below 45 grams per day. I am sure that I am below 25.

Does the phentermine make you jittery or change the way you feel, like moody, edgy, or anything?
    Ya, the first time I took it was too late and I didn't sleep very well. You have to adjust the time you take it, but it really does help suppress the appetite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Rick, I just wanted to let you know not to go too low on carb intake. It can be detrimental to you health. If you feel find at 25 carbs thats great, but carbs is the energy for your body and I dont want you to run yourself ragged and not know it because of the pills that can cause insomnia and jitteriness.

Just got a tad concerned when you said your carb intake is below 25.

The only professional experience I have about carbs is being diabetic and my mother was an ATKINS lover. I hope you don't think Im over stepping my boundaries :P

Post Thanks / Like
    The deal behind the pregnancy hormone is that it triggers the body that it is "OK" for it to release its precious fat stores for consumption to save the "baby" in time of "famine".

If there isn't some training on a permenant new eating style and easing them back into a regular calorie lifestyle, that poor person will just put the weight back on as soon as the injections stop and they aren't "pregnant" anymore.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptickancer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey Rick, I just wanted to let you know not to go too low on carb intake. It can be detrimental to you health. If you feel find at 25 carbs thats great, but carbs is the energy for your body and I dont want you to run yourself ragged and not know it because of the pills that can cause insomnia and jitteriness.

Just got a tad concerned when you said your carb intake is below 25.

The only professional experience I have about carbs is being diabetic and my mother was an ATKINS lover. I hope you don't think Im over stepping my boundaries :P
    Not overstepping at all. I'll research it, thanks.

I still feel better than I have in a long time. As for the insomnia, I can only sleep 4-5 ours on an Ambien CR anyway and that was before the weight loss plan. I take the phentermine at noon. If I take it too early, I am really hungry around bedtime, and that's a no-no...LOL

I only feel jittery if I don't have enough protein during the day.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Week three update. 17 pounds gone!!!!

Bought two new shirts yesterday, size large instead of XL. The size 40 pants are now getting loose on me..woohoo!!!

When I think about this, all I have really given up are potatoes and bread and I went to the gym every day this week for a 30 minute cardio vascular workout.

Thanks to whoever went to Texas Weight Loss Center and told them that they heard about them from this site. I received a very nice email from the management and they were excited to know that the advertising worked. I was too. Good luck to you with the program.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Rick. That is awesome news. What do you think is helping you the most? The shots, appetite suppressant, or leaving those 3 things out of your diet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, I think/hope that it is the diet and exercise.

And just for the heck of it, I tried on a size 38 jeans tonight....they fit!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast