Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Women's World Cup Soccer

Post Thanks / Like

Women's World Cup Soccer

I know Owl will intently be watching each and every game on Fox Sports.
    USA beat Australia, although they weren't very impressive, tied a less than real good Sweden, and are currently leading Nigeria. Group of Death? Not hardly.
    Even with a loss tonight they will advance to the knock out round.
    But I don't see them winning this thing. Too many of their players are too old.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have watched 4 games so far - USA-Australia, USA-Sweden, USA-Nigeria (still ongoing) and one other.
    One thing I have noticed is that FIFA, in their infinite wisdom (NOT) decided two things different for this World Cup:
    (1) It would be played on artificial turf. OMG - there isn't a soccer player in the world who likes playing on turf.
    (2) It would be neat if all the officials were women. WRONG. What a freakin' joke - they have missed hand ball after hand ball (3 against us alone), have blown numerous off sides calls. We should be up against Nigeria at least 4-0, but I guess these refs wants to appease the world and make it close.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    FIFA is crooked, which we all know, but they think that if they make a big show of being egalitarian in regards to race and gender, everyone will think they're fair and caring, tra la.

Too late for that crap now.

Of course, the refs for the NBA game are all guys, and you pointed out they were awful during the last game. I'm half-watching the current one, but not qualified to judge the refs myself.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

4. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was switching channels between the soccer and basketball games. Gave up on Cleveland early, but the soccer game is finished and the Cavs are close at the half now.
    Basketball, soccer, football, etc., have become full speed ahead. The games are much faster than they were 10 years ago. One official to cover the entire soccer pitch (field) is crazy. All the two on the sidelines do is call off-sides or possession.
    Same with basketball - they need another ref on the court.

6. Likes Grammar Rules liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're at the knockout stage and tonight (7PM Central) we take on Colombia. Should be on Fox Sports 1.
    Colombia's doing some trash talking. The last time we played them their main attacker sucker punched our star, Abby Wambach, right in the jaw and that got her tossed.
    Hope we do our talking on the scoreboard tonight - 3-0 win would be nice.

8. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will be waching that and switching to the College WS. Vary partial to UVA and hope they can win.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't really followed that much but know TCU was knocked out.

Post Thanks / Like
    USA won it, but it was a very physical and rough game. Two of our players received yellow cards, and because they have had received them in past games they have to sit out the quarter-finals against China. One of them, Megan Rapinoe, is our best midfielder.
    Colombia tried their best to trash talk and for a while I thought I was watching their women's diving team.
    Oh, and the one who punched Abby Wambach - Lady Andrade - cried after their loss.

12. Likes Grammar Rules liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Columbia comported themselves well. They were super-quick but could just not get the ball into the goal.

I don't understand the carry-over of a yellow card. When the game ends that should be the end. China may bust our chops with that kind of head start which they did not earn.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Columbia comported themselves well. They were super-quick but could just not get the ball into the goal.

I don't understand the carry-over of a yellow card. When the game ends that should be the end. China may bust our chops with that kind of head start which they did not earn.
    Germany and France will really be great......i've got 3 daughters here to watch it with me......mac

15. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast