Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: NBA Finals!

Post Thanks / Like
    I watched that series in 97. Just got back from a 15 month tour in Korea. Yes 15 months as the whole 6th CAV left Texas and all of us SFC's got 15 months. Anyway, the Tribe was so close, Jim thome, Orel Hershieser, and David justice, thought they would get it done.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

2. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You were in 6th Cav Bde?
    Next you'll tell me you were Tommy Lee Jones' or Nicholas Cage's sidekick in The Firebirds!!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    You had to mention that. They used our aircraft, 4/6 CAV supported that. Tommy Lee Jones, Nicholas Cage and Sean young treated all of us great. Got them to wear the 6th CAv unit crests on thier A's. I was a buck sergeant then, lots of fun and they fed us well while working weekends and staying in the field to support the flying scenes. They had a young PFC that was going to hand the log book to them before flying and be in the movie. It was his aircraft 449. Well they spotted the only minority crew cheif we had at the time, an Island kid, threw out the white kid and put him in. He got busted for shop lifting while doing the movie but "they" wouldnt let him be replaced. He can be seen in the movie twice, once as a SGT and again as a SPC. That was really funny to us, that and Sean Young getting in the wrong side of the 58 to fly it by herself.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

5. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My old unit, and was sad to hear of the problems they went through and then getting shipped off to the Land of the Morning Calm.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

7. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny in a way, rumor had it we were lying about the OR Rate and couldnt go fight in 90. About 5 years later, I was in a position to learn the real reason we didnt go and it had more to do with Konitzer, then anything else. Anyway, We had 2 squadrons of A model Apaches. 36 total. 1st cav took 10 of ours in 1-6 and Fort Bragg got 9-10 of the ones in 3-6. We got some real junk in return. Having seen what was passed out for Grenada, we were all scared that we wouldnt get promoted, not having a bronze star or a combat patch. so they let us go to college during the day. The classes were wide open with everyone gone. It worked out.
    John Daly

9. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that lineup in 97 was something else - Justice, Manny Ramirez, both Alomars, Thome, Travis Fryman at third. Unfortunately they traded Lofton for Justice - think that was a piss poor trade.

11. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5