Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tolerate This?

Post Thanks / Like

Tolerate This?

The traditional annual dog meat-eating festival is scheduled to be held on the summer solstice (June 21) in Yulin, Guangxi Zhuang, China, when more than 10,000 dogs are likely to be slaughtered, cooked and served.

The dog meat-eating festival in Yulin is a local folk custom to celebrate the summer solstice. People should respect and be tolerant of other people's choice of food.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

2. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The traditional annual dog meat-eating festival is scheduled to be held on the summer solstice (June 21) in Yulin, Guangxi Zhuang, China, when more than 10,000 dogs are likely to be slaughtered, cooked and served.

The dog meat-eating festival in Yulin is a local folk custom to celebrate the summer solstice. People should respect and be tolerant of other people's choice of food.
    that's right. all cultures are valid, don't you know.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    While it saddens me to have people eat doggies, as long as they don't make me eat them it's their right in China.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is true. They have the right to eat other animals. People sometimes eat crocodile, shark, emu, kangaroo... People in South America eat guinea pig. Just because we keep an animal as a pet doesn't mean it's exempt from being eaten! I wouldn't personally eat dog meat, though. I'll stick to the basics.
    "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein

“Be kind to unkind people - they need it the most.” -Ashleigh Brilliant

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to get all gooey about people eating Fido, until I went to Korea and saw the type of dog they raise to eat. They dont have the room for cows per se, so they raise this ugly looking non house pet dog, fatten it up and eat it. Tastes just like chicken.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

7. LOL Night Owl, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    While it saddens me to have people eat doggies, as long as they don't make me eat them it's their right in China.
    wow! you mean people in China have rights that we Americans don't have? Why......that's absolutely shameless.......i'm pretty sure my next door neighbors eat dog (Akita) every once in a while. l know that their Akita bitch is very often pregnant and has pups but the pups are never seen and there's some hellacious dog beating type noises that come from over that way. One of these days I'm gonna walk in on 'em ......prob'ly get my ass shot off too......all over a dammed dog.....mac

9. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was reading on an Asian website a couple of days ago about the upcoming Dog Feast in China.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    I used to get all gooey about people eating Fido, until I went to Korea and saw the type of dog they raise to eat. They dont have the room for cows per se, so they raise this ugly looking non house pet dog, fatten it up and eat it. Tastes just like chicken.

The best gyro I had was from the little street vendors in Saudi. Never knew what kind of meat it was but it was good. Could have been camel, donkey, goat or dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    The best gyro I had was from the little street vendors in Saudi. Never knew what kind of meat it was but it was good. Could have been camel, donkey, goat or dog.
    might've been goat but more likely lamb.....as it turned out, I crossed the berm with a donner kebab in my MG cradle....mac
    Last edited by mac; June 10th, 2015 at 7:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we know it wasn't pork.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

14. LOL fchafey, just2cents LOL'd at this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast