Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: I hope our puppy is in a better place now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FieryPrincess View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First, Siamcat, I am so sorry for your loss. I was so distraught when I had to put down my 14YO lab mix that I cried myself to sleep for weeks and didn't sleep properly until her little box of ashes was back at home. She used to sleep in front of the TV. Now she resides behind it, so to speak. My thoughts are with you, and I'll remind you that when you are ready, that you have a lot of love to offer a future pet. And you should probably not read the rest of my post because I was so appalled at some of the posts that I cannot let it go.

I was so outraged that I had to post. I just came from thread about the lack of appropriate behavior at a graduation ceremony. So I tagged all the posts that shows a distinct lack of class or decorum. Shame on you!!!! Where are your manners, people? Your mothers would be ashamed! I am

Starting trouble in someone's time of sadness. I highly doubt that God approves of your behavior. See you in hell (you have already stated in another post elsewhere that is where I am destined. See ya there, Bud.

and again, a lack of care and concern for the person with the pet loss. The only words that really come to mind break the rules about name calling.

Great... play the grammar police on a condolence thread in that quagmire of dialect you typed. More lack of class. I bet you weren't planning that case study in irony today, were you?

bicker bicker... take it to a new thread.

more class and dignity on a condolence thread. I am sure your mom would not be proud.

I am likely also wrong for continuing to draw attention to it, but darn it, this needed to be called out! If you don't actually have tact, class or manners, at least pretend to have a couple on a condolence thread and take your vitriolic, idiotic banter elsewhere. There is no lack of places to do that here. This is not the appropriate place. I will be happy to engage further ON ANOTHER THREAD, but I will not engage further here.

(Oh, and Triumphant Lutheran in Garden Ridge - near San Antonio - does a blessing of the animals every year. Sometimes the resident deer population get in on the act.)
    Thank you and it's no problem. It's the way it goes here lately. I've learned to take the good and try to ignore the bad.

We should have his ashes back next week. I don't know what my husband plans to do with them, he can't even talk about it yet. While the kids and I are sad, we are doing ok. But he was his baby. He's lost.

I'm sure I will have another pet some day, right now the ratties get all the love.

2. Likes Imagine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    Thank you and it's no problem. It's the way it goes here lately. I've learned to take the good and try to ignore the bad.

We should have his ashes back next week. I don't know what my husband plans to do with them, he can't even talk about it yet. While the kids and I are sad, we are doing ok. But he was his baby. He's lost.

I'm sure I will have another pet some day, right now the ratties get all the love.
    I'm sorry, but "ratties"? Showing my ignorance here, but if that wasn't a typo, what is a "rattie"?

I understand what your husband is going through; we had to have our little Elmo put down late last spring, and he was my baby. That fool13-year-old dog thought he was a puppy right up to the week that he just didn't have energy enough to even wag his tail because a bone infection was tearing him up. I didn't think I could face having and losing another dog. But by the end of the summer, I couldn't stand not having a dog in the house anymore. We went to 2nd Chance and brought home an australian cattledog. She's about 5 times as big as our papillion was, but, honest-to-goodness, if I believed in reincarnation, I'd think she was my Elmo come back to me. She warms my heart, and while she doesn't fill an empty place in my heart, she makes it less painful.

I hope that your husband will someday have the same feeling. Adapting a line from an excellent film called "Shadowlands": the cost of love is the pain we feel when it's lost." For myself, I'd rather not live without the love.
    Last edited by Imagine; June 5th, 2015 at 9:51 PM.

4. Likes Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    I'm sorry, but "ratties"? Showing my ignorance here, but if that wasn't a typo, what is a "rattie"?

I understand what your husband is going through; we had to have our little Elmo put down late last spring, and he was my baby. That fool13-year-old dog thought he was a puppy right up to the week that he just didn't have energy enough to even wag his tail because a bone infection was tearing him up. I didn't think I could face having and losing another dog. But by the end of the summer, I couldn't stand not having a dog in the house anymore. We went to 2nd Chance and brought home an australian cattledog. She's about 5 times as big as our papillion was, but, honest-to-goodness, if I believed in reincarnation, I'd think she was my Elmo come back to me. She warms my heart, and while she doesn't fill an empty place in my heart, she makes it less painful.

I hope that your husband will someday have the same feeling. Adapting a line from an excellent film called "Shadowlands": the cost of love is the pain we feel when it's lost." For myself, I'd rather not live without the love.

Our rats. I know most people go ewww, but they're a lot cuter then hamsters.

We're weird we have a snake too that eats rats. At one time we had a cat, a dog, rats, birds, and the snake all in the same house. They all got along great. Ok the rats don't interact with the snake, but puppy loved them. I love all critters.

When hubby is ready we'll have another pup and they will receive lots of love and find the best home to be in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    Our rats. I know most people go ewww, but they're a lot cuter then hamsters.

We're weird we have a snake too that eats rats. At one time we had a cat, a dog, rats, birds, and the snake all in the same house. They all got along great. Ok the rats don't interact with the snake, but puppy loved them. I love all critters.

When hubby is ready we'll have another pup and they will receive lots of love and find the best home to be in.
    Ah. I'm afraid I'm an "ewwww" person where rats are concerned, but we've been fighting roof rats for some time. One guy took up almost permanent residence a couple of years ago, and he was incredibly smart. I called him Sir Ratley or Ratstein [for Einstein, not Franken--], and we engaged in an amusing battle of the wits for quite some time. That quit being amusing though when the grandchildren were coming to stay because we camp out on the floor. Sleeping on the floor at Oma's is fun for everyone, except for Oma's back in the morning.

7. LOL siamcat, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry for your loss.

9. Thanks siamcat thanked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6