Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: I hope our puppy is in a better place now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Episcopal Churches bless the animals also. Not sure about cars.
    I grew up in the Episcopal Church and never heard of that.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was raised in the Temple church. Clearly cooler Whiskeypalians than yours.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

3. LOL fchafey, gnatsum LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Father Mulcahy blessed a Jeep in M*A*S*H.

5. Likes Grammar Rules, fchafey liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Religious folks have historically blessed everything they could shake an aspergillum at to include equipment and people setting off to kill other religious people.

7. LOL Grammar Rules LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    I said without being a mind reader.
    and that's exactly what has me puzzled! how could you know what he meant without being a mindreader?....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    The Lutheran church I attend has a "pet blessing" once a year on St. Francis of Assisi Day (sometime in early fall), and people bring their pets to church for the pastor's blessing.
    Of course, the pet day is usually the same day as the picnic at the park day, but one year we were rained out; people took their pets to the church parking lot. I was out of town and don't remember if the critters were allowed into the Fellowship hall or not.

10. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    and that's exactly what has me puzzled! how could you know what he meant without being a mindreader?....mac
    I knew because of context. S/he said can we not... do this, and that meant Let's not debate the status of pets' souls.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    My vet is too sweet and made me cry again. He send me a condolence card with a paw print and some hair.

13. Likes Skye, CenTexDave, Imagine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    This list is not exhaustive. The Catholic Church has, along with those for various categories of humans and human activities, orders of blessing for:
    New Building Sites
    New Homes
    Office, Shop, or Factory
    Centers of Social Communication
    Gymnasium or Fields for Athletics
    Various Means of Transportation
    Boats and Fishing Gear
    Technical Installations or Equipment
    Tools or Other Equipment for Work
    Animals
    Fields and Flocks
    Seeds at Planting Time
    Thanksgiving for the Harvest
    Athletic Events
    Meals
    Religious Articles
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

15. Likes fchafey, Imagine liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    First, Siamcat, I am so sorry for your loss. I was so distraught when I had to put down my 14YO lab mix that I cried myself to sleep for weeks and didn't sleep properly until her little box of ashes was back at home. She used to sleep in front of the TV. Now she resides behind it, so to speak. My thoughts are with you, and I'll remind you that when you are ready, that you have a lot of love to offer a future pet. And you should probably not read the rest of my post because I was so appalled at some of the posts that I cannot let it go.

I was so outraged that I had to post. I just came from thread about the lack of appropriate behavior at a graduation ceremony. So I tagged all the posts that shows a distinct lack of class or decorum. Shame on you!!!! Where are your manners, people? Your mothers would be ashamed! I am

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Really? Where would that be? Are you saying that dogs have immortal souls? Will they enjoy a resurrection too?
    Starting trouble in someone's time of sadness. I highly doubt that God approves of your behavior. See you in hell (you have already stated in another post elsewhere that is where I am destined. See ya there, Bud.

ah sheesh.....i should not try to be satirical, i just ain't no good at it. i was only trying to be cute about the sparrow business. it just so happens that i don't believe for one instant that there will be either dogs or sparrows in heaven.....nor do I believe that they will be in hell.....i do understand though, that we have to give up our 2nd Ammendment rights before we enter heaven (ah poop...there i go again, seems like i never learn)mac
    and again, a lack of care and concern for the person with the pet loss. The only words that really come to mind break the rules about name calling.

oh...i see. you meant to say to we try and NOT do this.......instead of we "not try and do this................" got it....mac
    Great... play the grammar police on a condolence thread in that quagmire of dialect you typed. More lack of class. I bet you weren't planning that case study in irony today, were you?

no sir.....human beings are NOT animals!

well, maybe a few of us are but by and large, most of us are not.....mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    While some choose to act like animals, they are in fact not.

I don't believe that there is a single word that I have written that has prevented her from feeling her loss for her "family member," your BS not withstanding.
    bicker bicker... take it to a new thread.

how is that EVEN possible?.......you don't by any chance play with them ouija boards, do you? I don't believe in all that mental telepathy and weird kinky stuff.....mac
    more class and dignity on a condolence thread. I am sure your mom would not be proud.

I am likely also wrong for continuing to draw attention to it, but darn it, this needed to be called out! If you don't actually have tact, class or manners, at least pretend to have a couple on a condolence thread and take your vitriolic, idiotic banter elsewhere. There is no lack of places to do that here. This is not the appropriate place. I will be happy to engage further ON ANOTHER THREAD, but I will not engage further here.

(Oh, and Triumphant Lutheran in Garden Ridge - near San Antonio - does a blessing of the animals every year. Sometimes the resident deer population get in on the act.)
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

17. Thanks siamcat thanked this post
    Likes just2cents, Grammar Rules liked this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast