Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: I hope our puppy is in a better place now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really? Where would that be? Are you saying that dogs have immortal souls? Will they enjoy a resurrection too?
    why of course, Ludwig! just like the sparrow...mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    why of course, Ludwig! just like the sparrow...mac
    Shucks, Mac, you and I are not reading the same Bible then. Neither Matthew nor Luke say that the sparrows have an immortal soul and will enjoy the resurrection, though they both acknowledge that each sparrow is in God's awareness.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Losing an animal really sucks. I am sorry to hear that. I said once there was a heaven for dogs and this SPC started chewing on me for being a cold blaspheming person. I was just trying to console one of my Troopers. I smiled at him, thanked him for his opinion andI sent him to KP the next morning and then he had ammo guard after that.
    "The difference between golf and government is that in golf you cant improve your lie"
    John Daly

4. Thanks siamcat, Grammar Rules thanked this post
    Likes Imagine liked this post
    LOL Night Owl, Rick, siamcat, CenTexDave, just2cents and 1 others LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Really? Where would that be? Are you saying that dogs have immortal souls? Will they enjoy a resurrection too?
    Pope Francis seems to think so.

Pope Francis: All dogs go to heaven
    There’s a spot for man’s best friend in heaven, according to Pope Francis, the spiritual leader of 1.2 billion Catholics around the world.
    During his weekly address in the Vatican on Wednesday, the leader of the Catholic church cleared up the question while consoling a little boy who lost his pet.
    “One day, we will see our animals again in the eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all of God’s creatures,” the Pope said, according to Italian news sources.
    Bought my wife a coffee cup with this saying on it.

"God forbid that I should go to any Heaven in which there are no horses."
    ~R.B. Cunninghame Graham, letter to Theodore Roosevelt, 1917

We had to put a horse down in 2009. It doesn't matter the size of the animal, it all hurts.

6. Thanks fchafey, siamcat, Grammar Rules, gnatsum thanked this post
    Likes fchafey, Night Owl, FieryPrincess liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it all hurts and size, in this case, does not matter. When I celebrated my little girl's (Shih Tzu) 7th birthday yesterday I said a silent prayer that she would be at my funeral rather than I be at hers because I could not stand the pain of losing her. I don't temper that potential loss with a false hope for her eternal life however. Our pets live as long as we live because they live in our hearts.

Despite several news reports to the contrary, Pope Francis never said that dogs go to heaven. The news stories were apparently based on a misreading of remarks Pope Francis made at his weekly general audience at the Vatican on Nov. 26 and on a comment that Pope Paul VI made several decades ago. As is usual, the retractions did not get as much attention as had his initial falsely attributed remarks.
    Last edited by Ludwig; June 3rd, 2015 at 4:29 PM.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Shucks, Mac, you and I are not reading the same Bible then. Neither Matthew nor Luke say that the sparrows have an immortal soul and will enjoy the resurrection, though they both acknowledge that each sparrow is in God's awareness.
    ah sheesh.....i should not try to be satirical, i just ain't no good at it. i was only trying to be cute about the sparrow business. it just so happens that i don't believe for one instant that there will be either dogs or sparrows in heaven.....nor do I believe that they will be in hell.....i do understand though, that we have to give up our 2nd Ammendment rights before we enter heaven (ah poop...there i go again, seems like i never learn)mac

9. Thanks Grammar Rules thanked this post
    LOL Ludwig, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Pope Francis seems to think so.

Pope Francis: All dogs go to heaven

Bought my wife a coffee cup with this saying on it.

"God forbid that I should go to any Heaven in which there are no horses."
    ~R.B. Cunninghame Graham, letter to Theodore Roosevelt, 1917

We had to put a horse down in 2009. It doesn't matter the size of the animal, it all hurts.
    I once h ad to bury an old horse that we had and that I really loved.....but, by the time i finally got him buried, the love was pretty much all gone.....i think the whole county of Coleman is caliche......mac

11. LOL Grammar Rules LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we not try and do this on a post like this?
    "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein

“Be kind to unkind people - they need it the most.” -Ashleigh Brilliant

13. Thanks just2cents, FieryPrincess thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skye View Post
    Can we not try and do this on a post like this?
    yes! absolutely, we can try and do this on a post like this. why do you ask?......mac

15. Saddened by just2cents is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    yes! absolutely, we can try and do this on a post like this. why do you ask?......mac
    It is a post about someone losing their dog. I think it is only appropriate to give condolences and perhaps discuss your own experience with the loss of a pet as well. Debating whether a dog has a soul or goes to heaven or whatnot just seems disrespectful to me on a post like this...
    "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein

“Be kind to unkind people - they need it the most.” -Ashleigh Brilliant

17. Thanks FieryPrincess thanked this post
    Likes siamcat, just2cents liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast