Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The ADT Ad

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The ADT Ad

ADT has accepted CenTexTalk.com into their advertising program allowing me to advertise for them.

If someone were to sign a contract with them using the special Promotion Code, I would receive a finder's fee and I would appreciate that.

However, more important to me than the "finder's fee" is being able to advertise a reminder that we all need to be protected.

So if you are thinking about a monitoring service, give them a call.

2. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    I already use ADT, and they're very good at providing service if you have the maintenance plan. I have no problems with them.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a series of hidden cams, thermal sensors, audio sensors and motion sensors.

Any intruder that comes inside without permission will be hit with a incapacitating dose of N20. (nitrous oxide)

The sensors will confirm incapacitation, measure the vitals of the perp and archive them remotely.

THEN

KPD will be auto dialed with an automated message "this person will die from N20 inhalation if not recovered by law enforcement within 30 minutes".

That way the decision stays with law enforcement to apprehend as a suspect or let die and call the coroner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to have ADT. The service I now use, which I will refrain from advertising here out of respect for Rick, is both cheaper and more responsive to alarms. I am happy with my system but am looking to upgrade to a more robust wi-fi system that I can remotely monitor. The service I use provides those options but I'm not yet ready to invest.

C a N, you may want to check the law regarding the use of booby traps. I know of one person who got 45 years as a guest of TDCJ for setting one to protect his cigarette dispenser when the perp's chest was opened without benefit of anesthesia.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I used to have ADT. The service I now use, which I will refrain from advertising here out of respect for Rick, is both cheaper and more responsive to alarms..
    Thank you for that, but I care more about people being protected than me getting a dollar.

I researched several and we went with ADT because of the arrangement they have with USAA, which meant we only had a two year committment instead of three.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the S&W and Glock protection systems.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

8. Likes Mestral, TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    LOL ClickaNerd LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We use another monitored system. We've been with them for a few years and we've gotten good service from them. Recently, the CEO was featured on "Undercover Boss". I liked the way he handled himself on the show.
    Ah Billy, Billy, Billy, what've ye unleashed upon mankind?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    While I appreciate this point of view, it does have one flaw:

...that dumbass amateur. There's always some six-fingered bustard that couldn't hit a cow in the tit with a tin cup. That's the one who usually does you in. -- John Bernard Books
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

11. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can think of another flaw in Dave's system. Someone actually has to be there for the system to provide protection. With the monitored systems, if something triggers an alarm, they send someone to check it out.
    Ah Billy, Billy, Billy, what've ye unleashed upon mankind?

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    I've had ADT since the mid-80s. Most people will never need the monitoring service, but maybe six months after moving into our previous house in Temple, the alarm company called in the middle of the day. Sure enough, a side window had been broken by a large rock. The footprints in the garden by the window were muddy and far apart going across the driveway. He had tried to kick in a door, then broke the window. No damage to us, no loss except the window pane and a couple of scratches on the marble in the entry where the rock hit. Oh, and the fingerprint dust everywhere!

Now that I live alone, you bet I set the alarm when I'm gone and at night. Alarm, guns, dogs.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

14. Likes Rick, CenTexDave, Mestral, Night Owl liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast