Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The ADT Ad

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IronErnin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We use another monitored system. We've been with them for a few years and we've gotten good service from them. Recently, the CEO was featured on "Undercover Boss". I liked the way he handled himself on the show.
    That was Vivint. I looked into them and they were really expensive. A coworker uses them and he was complaining about how expensive they were.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use our dog for security and locks, oh and motion censored lights, and double windows.

You can call me silly, but having those signs in the yard just advertises I have something you want. It gives a feeling of security, but it's not for me. Their commercials are nifty though.

Post Thanks / Like
    We got the deal for free for the 1st year for allowing them to put their sign in the yard. I thought they'd put it in a prominent place. But, they all but hid the sign.

I always claim that "ADT" stands for "About Damn Time"!
    Ah Billy, Billy, Billy, what've ye unleashed upon mankind?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    I use our dog for security and locks, oh and motion censored lights, and double windows.

You can call me silly, but having those signs in the yard just advertises I have something you want. It gives a feeling of security, but it's not for me. Their commercials are nifty though.
    That is the naive attitude that hurt us.

I'm sure that if our dog had gone after them, they would have killed him. This bunch is suspected of killing Jack Ray, do you think they would have cared about a dog?

We locked our house, but a swift kick to a door allowed them entry and it was in broad daylight (I read that most breakins occur during the day when the people are earning money to buy things that the thieves want), so motion sensor lights were not a factor. I have no idea what double windows are and how they relate to security. We have double pane windows, but they are for energy efficiency.

As for the ADT signs, you have a TV, a computer, camera, jewelry, nice dishes, heirlooms, guns, tools, a checkbook on your desk, and the criminals know it, so they already know that you have something that they can turn into drugs. With a security system, you increase the risk for the criminals and they may choose to move on to a house without a security system because there is less risk involved for them.

5. Thanks fchafey, Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there's not much you can do that you haven't already done. Maybe a punji pit or two.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

7. LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    I think there's not much you can do that you haven't already done. Maybe a punji pit or two.
    hang video cameras from the eaves.......in such a way that they simply can not be over looked by potential thieves....

in my own case, it just may be that the last thing the thief will see is my sign that says "if you can read this, you're in range"...mac

9. Likes Mestral liked this post
    LOL ClickaNerd, CenTexDave, Mestral LOL'd at this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2