Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaska - 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering about that graphic. Why did they display Charlie Manson's picture?
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

2. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    But seriously folks, speaking of Alaska, the Smithsonian channel had a pretty neat "Aerial America" spot on last night about Alaska, its history, and what it looks like today. They even showed Sarah Palins spread... and it is a spread.

There were some great shots of the Iditarod, and the dogs and sleds making their way down one of the 2 routes.

The interesting note on Palins place was that an investigative reporter bought the house next to hers so he could spy on her and the family. Palin put up a 14 foot high fence so he didn't get his wish. And then, FOX bought her the place on the other side and built her her own private studio, which has been turned in to a huge living quarters. Very nice. Private plane parked on the lake in the back of the house.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

4. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    LOL Mestral LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Private planes (even in garages on property) are not all that unusual here. 1 in 6 Alaskans have a pilot’s license.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

6. Likes Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FieryPrincess View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Private planes (even in garages on property) are not all that unusual here. 1 in 6 Alaskans have a pilot’s license.
    You mean traveling all over Alaska by way of a typical passenger car in May isn't a good idea?
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

8. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There’s two seasons in Alaska: Winter and Construction

10. Likes Mestral liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember my dad telling me of going down the Alcan highway in his motor home with his Bronco in tow behind. By the time he made his first stop, the Bronco had a broken front suspension, and more dents and craters than the moon.

I hear the roads can be worse when the permafrost thaws.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    My windshield was shot and ruined around the Fort Nelson area on the way up. It picked up some further damage on the Dalton highway on the way to the Arctic Circle. We call that "Alaska Window Art." I'll put off changing it as long as I can. Windshields are always a mess here.

Post Thanks / Like
    At least they are made from safety glass. On Okinawa, there wasn't any allowed in any application.
    Ah Billy, Billy, Billy, what've ye unleashed upon mankind?

14. LOL FieryPrincess LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My husband and another solider were in the big truck hauling equipment from Anchorage to FAirbanks (or vice versa) and a rock came through so hard that it CAME THROUGH the windshield.

They still had to finish the trip before they could turn it in for repairs, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FieryPrincess View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My husband and another solider were in the big truck hauling equipment from Anchorage to FAirbanks (or vice versa) and a rock came through so hard that it CAME THROUGH the windshield.

They still had to finish the trip before they could turn it in for repairs, though.
    assuming that the truck was a regular ole deuce and a half or a 5 ton.....it don't take much to go through the wind shield...mac

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast