Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ABC Family?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very easy fix. Don't watch the show.

Boycott the channel. Watch TV Land or some other channel showing the shows you are not upset by.

For most teenagers and young people it's not a big deal. They talk about it openly just as they would a hetero sexual couple. Don't bat an eye and it doesn't make them bad kids who have no morals. It just makes them open and tolerant of others.

Nobody is making you watch the shows you find offensive.
    Sure it doesn't because the gays want to recruit as many future gays as possible. Like I said before this is shaping up to be another round of Sodom and Gomorrah. I've been to Disney by mistake of gay day weeks when I lived in Fl. Nothing like walking through the park while two grown men grab each others ace and swap spit.
    America Love it or leave it!
    LLAP

2. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Anyone watching the "gay"mazing Race.

All the contestants are dating couples, some homosexual couples and some heterosexual couples, some have known each other and some are paired up on a blind date for the race. There's a whole bunch of dude smooching being shoved in our faces. I hate it when good shows are used to make a social statement.

I think they are jumping the shark on this one.

4. Saddened by The321 is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't usually watch 'The Amazing Race' except when I'm out in public (laundries, some restaurants) where the TV is tuned to it.

A few years ago, that show had, according to a news story I read, a gay father and son team. The father was none other than the Rev. Dr. Mel White, a former member of the Christian Coalition and the ghostwriter of Pat Robertson's, Billy Graham's, and the Rev. Jerry Falwell's autobiographies. He was married to a woman and had two sons...but he sensed that something was 'wrong' with his life. He determined that he was a homosexual, and he embarked on a mission to "change" himself to what he thought God wanted him to be. He tried aversion therapy, hypnosis, meditation, prayer--nothing worked in changing him to heterosexuality (his "cover" for doing those "therapies" was "in the name of research"), so the Reverend White came to grips with the idea that maybe God had placed him on this Earth...to be a gay man. The son who was with him on the show, Mike, has also come out of the closet, but Wikipedia notes that Mike claims to be bi-sexual.

And IF this is, as 321 says, is "shaping up to be another round of Sodom and Gomorrah", then why hasn't God stepped up and made the course correction as He did when He saw to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah?
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    Don't usually watch 'The Amazing Race' except when I'm out in public (laundries, some restaurants) where the TV is tuned to it.

A few years ago, that show had, according to a news story I read, a gay father and son team. The father was none other than the Rev. Dr. Mel White, a former member of the Christian Coalition and the ghostwriter of Pat Robertson's, Billy Graham's, and the Rev. Jerry Falwell's autobiographies. He was married to a woman and had two sons...but he sensed that something was 'wrong' with his life. He determined that he was a homosexual, and he embarked on a mission to "change" himself to what he thought God wanted him to be. He tried aversion therapy, hypnosis, meditation, prayer--nothing worked in changing him to heterosexuality (his "cover" for doing those "therapies" was "in the name of research"), so the Reverend White came to grips with the idea that maybe God had placed him on this Earth...to be a gay man. The son who was with him on the show, Mike, has also come out of the closet, but Wikipedia notes that Mike claims to be bi-sexual.

And IF this is, as 321 says, is "shaping up to be another round of Sodom and Gomorrah", then why hasn't God stepped up and made the course correction as He did when He saw to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah?
    And how long had S and M been in existence when God took them out? God does take care of business. But he is also slow to anger. His time scale differs from ours a whole bunch.... One of my favorite prayers is "God give me patience... and I need it right now".

And if the good reverend felt that it was God leading him in the homosexual direction, which would be in direct opposition to his will, it would be to let the reverend become a "bad example" not a role model. God does allow us to become bad examples. He can use us all, good or bad. Sometimes to encourage emulation by others, sometimes as a means to turn others away from certain activities. He did create Hitler and Stalin after all.

Nope... God allows bad things to happen. Actually, we choose by ourselves to do bad things, and God despairs of our choices. But he gives us the ability to choose, hoping we will choose correctly.

And if we always did, we'd have heaven on earth now, wouldn't we.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

7. Saddened by just2cents is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Anyone watching the "gay"mazing Race.

All the contestants are dating couples, some homosexual couples and some heterosexual couples, some have known each other and some are paired up on a blind date for the race. There's a whole bunch of dude smooching being shoved in our faces. I hate it when good shows are used to make a social statement.

I think they are jumping the shark on this one.
    I must have missed the smooching session. The only thing I remember are a quick kiss on the cheek or the mouth.

There are two gay couples. One dating, one a blind date who feel only friendship after meeting. Good gosh you make it sound like hordes of gays are having make-out sessions on the race.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The321 View Post
    Sure it doesn't because the gays want to recruit as many future gays as possible. Like I said before this is shaping up to be another round of Sodom and Gomorrah. I've been to Disney by mistake of gay day weeks when I lived in Fl. Nothing like walking through the park while two grown men grab each others ace and swap spit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I must have missed the smooching session. The only thing I remember are a quick kiss on the cheek or the mouth.

There are two gay couples. One dating, one a blind date who feel only friendship after meeting. Good gosh you make it sound like hordes of gays are having make-out sessions on the race.
    It isn't my fault that you interpreted my comment as hordes.

Why do there have to be any? What is it, 2% of the population chooses this lifestyle, the show has decided to portray it at 18%.

Agenda maybe?

11. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It isn't my fault that you interpreted my comment as hordes.

Why do there have to be any? What is it, 2% of the population chooses this lifestyle, the show has decided to portray it at 18%.

Agenda maybe?
    Yes, everybody has a gay agenda. Better watch out, next thing you know a Fox News person will announce he/she is gay. It already happened in the NFL and that is a manly sport.

I'm not attacking your beliefs. You belief, great for you. You're happy, great for you.

If you know you're right why do you focus so much time on finding the gay agenda or gays, or gays on TV Shows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, everybody has a gay agenda. Better watch out, next thing you know a Fox News person will announce he/she is gay. It already happened in the NFL and that is a manly sport.

I'm not attacking your beliefs. You belief, great for you. You're happy, great for you.

If you know you're right why do you focus so much time on finding the gay agenda or gays, or gays on TV Shows.
    It is not just the NFL. The Army has a same sex married General. I am sure her career in the Military beats anyone on here.

BRIGADIER GENERAL TAMMY S. SMITH
    Deputy Chief of Staff, Army Reserve
    Download High-Res Image
    Brigadier General Tammy Smith is the Deputy Chief of Staff, Army Reserve. In her previous position, she was the Director, Human Capital Core Enterprise for the United States Army Reserve. In the capacity, she was responsible for integrating strategic human resources policy with operational requirements to improve and sustain long-term personnel readiness across the United States Army Reserve.
    Brig. Gen. Smith’s awards and decorations include the Legion of Merit Medal, the Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medals (two oak leaf clusters), Army Commendation Medals (four oak leaf clusters), the Afghanistan Campaign Medal, the Combat Action Badge, Senior Parachutist Badge, Parachute Rigger Badge, and the Army Staff Badge.
    While proud to be identified as a Citizen-Soldier, the majority of Brig. Gen.Smith’s work history prior to assignment as Director, Human Capital Core Enterprise has been as an Active Component officer and member of the Active/Guard and Reserve Program. She and her spouse Tracey Hepner are active in volunteer military family support events in the Washington, DC and Northern Virginia area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Focused on finding a gay agenda? When two dudes smooching is shoved in everyone's face, don't get offended when people comment on it.

I made a comment about a TV show and you took offense. That seems to be more your problem than it is mine.

15. Likes just2cents liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast