Thread: Cornell - Welcome to Socialized Medicine

Post Thanks / Like

Cornell - Welcome to Socialized Medicine

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm confused - is this to make sure that everyone has health care? Do people pay the fee even if they are still covered under parental insurance? It seems asinine to have a $350 fee if they already have insurance.
    "My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle."
    ~ Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FieryPrincess View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm confused - is this to make sure that everyone has health care? Do people pay the fee even if they are still covered under parental insurance? It seems asinine to have a $350 fee if they already have insurance.
    San Angelo has a fee too for health services. I don't mind it. I don't have to bother finding a Tri-care approved PCM and for big things their is the AFB near by. It includes mental health and counseling with no co-pay I was told. Shoot I spend at least that much in copays on my daughter.

Post Thanks / Like
    The way I read it is that if you have other insurance you pay the fee, since you would be using the universities facilities.

Post Thanks / Like
    Reports are that co pays for Obamacare policies are 5 times higher than regular employer owned plans.

There are going to be many who figure out what a bad deal the law is very soon.

What they are finding out is that if they can afford a plan, they can't afford to use it because of the ridiculous co pays. And then they find out that if they don't get a plan, they get a tax penalty... Surprise. Expecting a big return? Guess again.

And guess what Obamacare plan holders do instead of using their plans because they can't afford the co pays? That's right. The ER... They just don't tell anyone they have a plan. And the other thing the exchanges have discovered is that real slickies just buy enough coverage to get past the Apr. 15th tax filing deadline, and never get any more until Apr. of the next year.

Now, congressional democrats are screaming for republicans to fix the plan. I say we let 'em stew in their own juices.

Yet another example of government making things better. It wasn't like people weren't warned. I just love saying I told you so...
    We have met the enemy and he is us... POGO

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    That gouge at Cornell is just that: typical add-on college fee gouge.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

7. Likes just2cents liked this post