Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: KHS head coach retiring

Post Thanks / Like

KHS head coach retiring

Just saw on the news that Sam Jones is leaving KHS to retire... That will be a huge loss for them. I am now wondering if any of his assistants are going to leave as well... or maybe make a run at the job...

Not even sure if Coach Gascamp is thinking about it, and I haven't seen him in church for a while since the holidays got started, and I know his son just started college etc...

This came on pretty sudden, now didn't it.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad, He was a good coach.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    And a very good man, which is more important. Those kids needed him.
    "What you do, who you’re with, and how you feel about the world around you, is completely up to you."

Mike Rowe

4. Likes Rick, Night Owl, CenTexDave, Grammar Rules liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now we get to watch the newest Coach hunt.... The thing that gets me is that a lot of times when a new coach is hired, he brings his buds with him.

Wonder how much that displaces the asst. coaches already on staff.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Im sorry to see coach Jones leave. Always heard very good things about him. I agree he was what the kids needed. I hope Killeen can find another man as dedicated.

7. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now we get to watch the newest Coach hunt.... The thing that gets me is that a lot of times when a new coach is hired, he brings his buds with him.

Wonder how much that displaces the asst. coaches already on staff.
    You are correct that a new coach usually brings coaches that he knows. This does displace the current coaches but any coach understands that this is always a possibility.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I pretty much guessed that... Still, it seems sad to see so much shuffling around.

I can only hope the displaced coaches can get a chance to move on and move up.... They have a lot of talent and potential.

Post Thanks / Like
    Neil Searcy named new Killeen High School football coach and campus coordinator.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a good thing? Not familiar with him. Was kind of hoping they would find someone from outside that might have new ideas on bringing the program up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now, I am wondering what is to become of the assistant coaches.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast