Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Cowboys at Packers

Post Thanks / Like
    You're right. Instant replay is like taxes - once it starts it only gets worse and will never go away.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2. Likes cnjbond liked this post
    LOL cnjbond LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was listening to one of the national radio sports shows yesterday evening. One caller from Oklahoma made an interesting observation--if Dez's actions had been in a college football game, then it would've stood as a touchdown, based on the 'AA's existing rules..which got into a nice discussion--WHY ARE the rules different between the colleges and the pros? The players go through their college years, honing their talents (hopefully), then they get to the big league and are told "you can't do it like this anymore"? The show's host agreed about the 'discrepancy', and then claimed (or was it someone else on another show I switched to later?) that NO ONE ALIVE TODAY can claim that they know EVERY single rule in the NFL rulebook...so what was the justification for the ultimate ruling for Dez's attempt?
    There was another caller who brought up the stupidity of some NFL refs, recalling a recent game (last week? Forgot who...) where a ref negated a touchdown for a penalty involving some offensive passing violation...but the quarterback handed the ball off to his receiver, who then ran a course heading to the end zone for a touchdown? What violation was there?

Oh well.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of these refs are just plain baffling. Others are just plain dumb and don't even know the rules.
    I still say that was a good catch.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

5. Thanks circle_c thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karma catching up with Dallas from last week..

7. Likes Rick, CenTexDave liked this post
    LOL Rick, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The call will go down in Cowboy infamy... We wuz robbed... Literally.

But then, If Dez would have been thinking about the team instead of his ego, he would have tucked the ball in and hit the ground on the 6 inch line instead of trying to stretch it out into a TD and making himself the big hero. If he had, there would have been a different outcome, and he still would have gotten credit for the game saving catch. He has an "I" problem pretty bad.

But the Cowboys have been having ego problems with players all year. AND, I didn't like all of the injuries that Romo was feigning either. If he's that fragile, he needs to retire. Barely bumped and grabbing body parts... Really?
    It seems I had this exact conversation with a friend over breakfast this morning. Did you have breakfast at PaPa's?

Post Thanks / Like
    I ate at Papas Monday morning.... Don't go as much as I used to since my doc put me on an 1800 calorie a day diet....

You can get that many calories in there just by walking through the door....

I am really trying to cut the boys some slack... Having realized that they did a whole lot better than anyone would have guessed earlier in the season. I am just getting very tired of some truly stupid trends in the game lately.

I watched one player the other day who was so intent on celebrating, that he actually tossed the ball down before he got across the goal line and they had to review the play to see if he actually crossed the plane of the goal... And 2 defensive tackles celebrating so hard in the other guys backfield that they almost got called for delay of game, and were offsides (still partying) when the QB for the other team was trying to get set for the next play.

Then there are all of the missed tackles that happen because players are more interested in stripping the ball from the other guy than they are about tackling him. I have seen so many blown tackles because of this that I want to scream sometimes.

There is so much showboating and celebrating that the game is getting harder to watch. It's like watching basketball players hanging from the rim for a few minutes after dunking a shot... Purely infantile...
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

10. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peanut Tillman was the master of stripping the ball. He did it so often that no one would get upset if he missed a tackle.
    And the celebrations used to be worse until the NFL made rules against it. Anyone remember the old USFL? Was ridiculous. That's one reason I liked Emmitt Smith so much - crosses the goal line and handed the ball to the official. Was no big deal to him - that was his job. Some of these idiots think they just invented something new.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read that Emmitt Smith kept every one of his touchdown balls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that's alot of balls.

14. LOL Night Owl, kantwin, gnatsum LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    I read that Emmitt Smith kept every one of his touchdown balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by circle_c View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of balls.
    I think he used to keep them in a display case in a restaurant he owned/had an interest in is the DFW area.
    "Any Society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman

16. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4