Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 10 inute limitation on editing sux, dude. there shold be a warning about it

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for expanding the time limit. I got trapped by that 10 minute limit the other day. I would have sworn that it was no longer than six minutes though.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    I might need the 10 minutes if I happen to be typing too fast and make a lot of tyewpig erers. I often go back and vorrect them sop I don't looke like a total buffoon. Most times I can jit the backspaxce button and fix it. I'ts only when I start usgin quotes when I NEED to have the en munutes to make sure I have evewry think correct.
    WHY DO I have to be able to type more than 40 words a minute anyway? I'm not a secretary or personal assistant, so I'm not required to type business letters for people too busy/incapable of typing them themselves ("Miss Wiggins, take this down: 'To Whom It May Concern...'"
    I once applied to a job with the City of Waco a few years ago, and one of the requirements was to type 45-50 wpm. Really? It was a technician job, so I guess that if a city employee had a computer to use at work, then they had to be able to bang out 50 words a minute in order to use the e-mail system or communicate with other employees (hmmm...why not just call them on the phone?)
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

3. Likes Night Owl, Mestral liked this post
    LOL siamcat, Night Owl, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It's the time after you hit "Submit", to go back and edit the post, not the time you have to write the post.

5. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might need the 10 minutes if I happen to be typing too fast and make a lot of tyewpig erers. I often go back and vorrect them sop I don't looke like a total buffoon. Most times I can jit the backspaxce button and fix it. I'ts only when I start usgin quotes when I NEED to have the en munutes to make sure I have evewry think correct.
    WHY DO I have to be able to type more than 40 words a minute anyway? I'm not a secretary or personal assistant, so I'm not required to type business letters for people too busy/incapable of typing them themselves ("Miss Wiggins, take this down: 'To Whom It May Concern...'"
    I once applied to a job with the City of Waco a few years ago, and one of the requirements was to type 45-50 wpm. Really? It was a technician job, so I guess that if a city employee had a computer to use at work, then they had to be able to bang out 50 words a minute in order to use the e-mail system or communicate with other employees (hmmm...why not just call them on the phone?)
    Actually you need more data entry and ten key skills then typing, judging by the way some clerks type they must have passed the test on a good day. I can pass both the typing and 10 key/typing tests. Not 50 words a minute unless I'm having a good day, but 45 any day. I learned to type on a real typewriter so a keyboard is easy. No more pinching pinkies.

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that the truth. My high school typing teacher was an old maid who apparently just ran a powder puff over yesterday's makeup every morning. Her old black dresses were slick. I was so disgusted that I dropped typing for another elective at midterm. But at least I learned the keyboard.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

8. LOL siamcat LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must have had her twin or younger sister.

10. LOL Grammar Rules LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I took typing in high school because the teacher was a hottie.
    That, and I thought it would be an easy elective.

12. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had to quit typing class, being left handed I couldnt get over the practice of looking right to type. The teacher was Methusla's Dad and he was a typical tenured geezer.

14. LOL siamcat LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    It's the time after you hit "Submit",...
    I think there must be something about hitting the submit button
    that sharpens my eyesight. No matter how many times I edit,
    right after I hit the "Submit" button, I see another mistake.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

16. LOL Night Owl, gnatsum, siamcat LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    I think there must be something about hitting the submit button
    that sharpens my eyesight. No matter how many times I edit,
    right after I hit the "Submit" button, I see another mistake.
    Yep, happens to me all the time.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6