Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ibuprofen Shortage

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ibuprofen Shortage

For the second time in recent years (about ten years IIRC) we are seeing an Ibuprofen shortage.
    (To be honest, I considered putting this under the prepper thread)
    The last one lasted several months.

Not sure what it is related to.
    Just thought I would pass it along.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    All the liberals started getting whiplash last night when they couldn't believe the results they were seeing. You know, a quick double-take, turn of the neck/head caused sprained muscles in their necks.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

3. Likes Mestral liked this post
    LOL Mestral, siamcat, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All the liberals started getting whiplash last night when they couldn't believe the results they were seeing. You know, a quick double-take, turn of the neck/head caused sprained muscles in their necks.
    Good theory, but of course they all took their free medical care cards to the clinic and got prescription drugs.
    And a refill on their hallucinogenics (how else do you explain their delusions?)

I have watched this shortage grow over the past 3 or 4 weeks.
    I take it like "House" takes Vicodin. Except I have damage in 14 different joints.
    I know, I should have said something sooner, but I didn't believe it, at first.

If you see the Ibuprofen you normally buy on the shelf tomorrow,
    I would advise to grab a bottle.

(I have almost six months supply, since I stocked up over the past few years.)

5. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    For the second time in recent years (about ten years IIRC) we are seeing an Ibuprofen shortage.
    Ibuprofen is not listed as a shortage drug by the FDA and I can find no reference to such a shortage. Can you provide a source lead?
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Ibuprofen is not listed as a shortage drug by the FDA and I can find no reference to such a shortage. Can you provide a source lead?
    The bare shelves (and the sign that says "warehouse shortage") at HEB.
    Last edited by Mestral; November 5th, 2014 at 5:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it's just HEB. Have you checked Walgreen's, CVS, Dollar General, etc?
    Also - ibuprofen is just a generic name. Motrin is nothing more than expensive ibuprofen. And I have read the more you take the more immune you become to it, i.e., a few years 2 pills twice a day may have done the job, but now it takes 3 pills X 3, etc.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it's the generic brand of ibuprofen, they may be changing suppliers or the packaging at HEB. I had a similar experience there with the warehouse shortage sign recently when I was trying to buy their brand of white wine vinegar. After 2 weeks it was back but with different bottle and label.

10. Thanks Mestral thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    Maybe it's just HEB. Have you checked Walgreen's, CVS, Dollar General, etc?
    Also - ibuprofen is just a generic name. Motrin is nothing more than expensive ibuprofen. And I have read the more you take the more immune you become to it, i.e., a few years 2 pills twice a day may have done the job, but now it takes 3 pills X 3, etc.
    I probably need to look into that.

I am pretty much a "stick to one brand" kind of guy because I am allergic to ascorbic acid. It is an allergy so rare (except in dogs) that it is often in things like the candy coating on capsuls.

Quote Originally Posted by birdfriend View Post
    If it's the generic brand of ibuprofen, they may be changing suppliers or the packaging at HEB. I had a similar experience there with the warehouse shortage sign recently when I was trying to buy their brand of white wine vinegar. After 2 weeks it was back but with different bottle and label.
    I hope this is the reason. And that things are back to normal soon.

I posted it in here because, if one brand isn't available, as Dave suggested, people will switch to another brand, causing a sudden increase in demand for that brand, and causing it to go into shortage. Since HEB is a pretty big supplier, loss of that supply pipeline will soon affect all other brands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hell, ask the pharmacist next time you are in HEB.

Post Thanks / Like
    I take Ibuprofin too since Vicodin doesn't do a thing for me (well it makes me see spots but nothing really for the pain and it doesn't put me to sleep). For generic pain I take Tylenol, joint pain or migraines it's Ibuprofin.

The prescription I got for my occasional migraines had worth side effects then the migraine. 800 mg takes care of enough of it to make it tolerable. Anti inflammatory steroid medication makes me feel like I have a heart attack, so for my heel spur it's Ibuprofin and comfy shoes.

I haven't noticed a shortage, but I usually get my over the counters at the commissary and occasionally at CVS or HEB.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast