Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2014 World Series

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, that's why most people were pulling for KC.
    I thought there were other 3 game winners in World Series - Mickey Lolich of the Tigers decades ago? But this guy was the first one who started 2 games and won them, then relieved in a third game and won it. Superb performance. I figured he'd be tired and KC would be able to hit him, but I was wrong. Nasty breaking balls and fastballs in the 90's.
    Now we get to wait about 2 weeks and see who gets MVP awards and Cy Young awards. I didn't follow the National League at all, so have no idea, but have my opinion about the American League awards. Chicago White Sox Jose Abrue had a great year. Not the best stats like Victor Martinez, but Martinez is nothing but a DH anymore. For the Cy Young I go with the Indians' Cory Kluber - tied for lead league with 18 wins, 3rd best ERA at 2.44 and second in K's.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    And every time I see the Orioles worshipping the ground Nellie Cruz walks on I want to puke... I will never forgive him for his lack of effort to catch the last ball of the last out the rangers needed to win the series a few years ago....

There is no justice in baseball... Well, except maybe Davis Justice.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And every time I see the Orioles worshipping the ground Nellie Cruz walks on I want to puke... I will never forgive him for his lack of effort to catch the last ball of the last out the rangers needed to win the series a few years ago....

i'm with you on that one.......that was absolutely pathetic......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post

David Justice - played for the Braves and Indians. Former husband to Halle Berry. Not a bad career and personel life back then.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers will win the CY Young, he has the most wins and lowest ERA. He also hits very well, believe he has homered this year and it was a grand slam to boot. I love the National League, the pitcher hits and he should.

6. Likes Night Owl, LauraA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll go along with that. I never have liked the DH. Takes the suspense and some managerial brilliance (or ignorance) out of the game.

8. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Likes LauraA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers will win the CY Young, he has the most wins and lowest ERA. He also hits very well, believe he has homered this year and it was a grand slam to boot. I love the National League, the pitcher hits and he should.
    well, at least I agree regarding the DH part.....I don't know what it has to do with "suspense" but.make the pitcher take a cut at it.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Suspense being will they pull the pitcher for a pitch hitter? All the DH has managed to do is extend the playing careers of some old farts. Now Victor Martinez certainly could probably still catch a game each week and play at 1B, but he's hitting better than ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
    I agree. Also the pitcher will think twice before throwing at someone. He might get to the plate the next inning. Lol

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

12. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah... Nothing worse than seeing a pitcher at the world series pick up a bat and wonder which end to grab on to.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

14. LOL CenTexDave, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast