Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Belton ISD Ebola

Post Thanks / Like

Belton ISD Ebola

KXXV just reported that two Belton ISD students, one at Sparta Elementary, the other at North Middle School, were on the Frontier Airlines flight with the Dallas nurse who has been diagnosed with Ebola. Of course we are assured that there is absolutely nothing to worry about and if you like your insurance plan you can keep it.

2. Saddened by birdfriend is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep heard it on the car radio..... Good grief!

Post Thanks / Like
    These students are not going to be required to be quarantined. They will be followed by Bell County, monitored twice daily for 21 days. Wonder what the attendance will be tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I predict that 1/5th of the students will be absent even in schools that didn't receive the letter ( the 1/5th is for all of BISD averaged)

Post Thanks / Like
    I know of many people that will be keeping their kids at home tomorrow, some until the "all clear" is given. Don't blame the parents at all. There's no other way to protect your kids. I wouldn't be surprised to see the number of staff absences rise as well....BISD is now vulnerable.

7. Likes birdfriend, CenTexDave liked this post
    Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it's certainly troubling, but no one who lived in the house with Duncan has gotten sick, and he had an active case for three or four days before he was hospitalized. Neither has anyone who sat next to him in the ER or the ambulance paramedics who brought him in the second time, and these people weren't in the hazmat suits.

The risk to the people on that plane is infinitesimal and even less to kids in the classroom. But we can understand the caution.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

9. Thanks text_girl, Mestral thanked this post
    Likes Rick, text_girl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I drive school bus for BISD and one of my routes serves NBMS. Maybe I won't have many riders tomorrow. Also, school buses are germ factories on wheels and most buses are loaded to capacity in other words the kids are packed in like sardines.

11. Likes sojourner truth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I were you I'd demand a new route or would conveniently be sick for about 3 weeks.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do have 38 sick days

14. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The parents are voluntarily keeping the two students at home.

16. Likes CenTexDave, Rick, siamcat, The321 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast