Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Magic Bank Account

Post Thanks / Like

The Magic Bank Account

Imagine that you had won the following First Prize in a contest: Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your private account for your use. But, this prize has rules as follows:
    Everything that you do not spend during a given day is taken away from you.
    You may not transfer money into another account.
    You may only spend it.
    Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day.
    The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can say, “Game Over!" It can close the account and you will not receive a new one.

What would you do?
    You would buy anything and everything you wanted, right?
    Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for. Even for people you don't know, because you couldn't possibly spend it all on yourself, right?
    You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning, right?

ACTUALLY, This GAME is REAL ...

Shocked? YES! Each of us is already a winner of this *PRIZE*...
    We just can't seem to see it.

The PRIZE is *TIME*:

Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life.
    When we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is NOT credited to us.
    What we haven't used up that day is forever lost.
    Yesterday is forever gone.
    Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time WITHOUT WARNING...

SO, what will YOU do with your 86,400 seconds?

Those seconds are worth so much more than the same amount in dollars. Think about it and remember to enjoy every second of your life, because time races by so much quicker than you think.

So take care of yourself, be happy, love deeply, and enjoy life!

Here's wishing you a wonderful and beautiful day.

Start “spending!”
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

2. Likes just2cents, Night Owl, The321 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ludwig, you are turning into the great philosopher on here.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    This reminds me of a book I read as a kid called Momo. It's written by Michael Ende.

I wish it was more readily available in English as I feel it has the same significance as 1984 and Animal Farm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah.....a big Orwell fan?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked Lost Horizon. One of the few books they made me read that I liked. Of Mice and Men was cool, that is until the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to thank God for each one of those seconds.

And the really neat thing is, that he promises to give us an infinite number of "limitless talk and joy" minutes after our earthside plans run out.

Snap that deal up while you still can folks. Plans are easy to get, and paid for already. Jesus paid it all.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah.....a big Orwell fan?
    It's how well those books illustrate important lessons.
    In Animal Farm it's showing how communism doesn't really make everybody equal. Somebody will always be top dog.

In 1984 it shows how giving too much privacy up to the government is dangerous. In the end Big Brother controls every aspect of your life.

To me in Momo it showed how you can't save time by rushing or saving it for a rainy day. Once the time is gone it's gone.
    It also illustrates how a smooth talker can talk the masses into anything for their own gain and the masses loose.

Of course that's just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never read Momo.
    Last edited by CenTexDave; October 5th, 2014 at 5:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The book is available in an English translation at Amazon in hardcover and kindle. See: http://www.amazon.com/Momo-Michael-Ende/dp/1938073142
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

11. Thanks siamcat thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never read Momo.
    It's not well known in America. The Neverending Story got all the glory over here and that's just your average kids fantasy. It's good and I read it several times, but in my opinion Momo is better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast