Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Time for payback!

Post Thanks / Like

Time for payback!

Now it will be the turn of this jurisdiction to defend itself against a lawsuit or negotiate a suitable pay off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't ask for more than the legal bills and legitimate expenses, in a lawsuit. That'll make your claims that it is about your rights resonate. Also, a public apology from the constabulary would be nice. But, a cash settlement IS unacceptable. It sends the message that citizenry's rights are negotiable and for sale.
    Ah Billy, Billy, Billy, what've ye unleashed upon mankind?

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe in the right to bear arms but I too would be alarmed and would report if I saw someone carry into a restaurant or store.

These days I always watch for the unusual.

I understand the right but I would still be nervous.

Post Thanks / Like
    That my dear, is the whole point of the Open Carry movement. To get people to accept armed folk without being nervous, unless they are exhibiting behavior that is truly cause to be nervous. A long gun slung over a shoulder is not a threat. A firearm that is brandished (waved around) IS a potential threat. Remember CJ's early troubles? He used to carry his rifle on an assault sling rather than on a shoulder sling. Because the weapon hung with the barrel parallel to the ground and not with the barrel pointing at the ground, it made people justifiably nervous.
    Ah Billy, Billy, Billy, what've ye unleashed upon mankind?

5. Thanks JoAnn Purser thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What screwed CJ was his smart mouth!
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

7. Thanks fchafey thanked this post
    Likes Grammar Rules liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IronErnin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That my dear, is the whole point of the Open Carry movement. To get people to accept armed folk without being nervous, unless they are exhibiting behavior that is truly cause to be nervous. A long gun slung over a shoulder is not a threat. A firearm that is brandished (waved around) IS a potential threat. Remember CJ's early troubles? He used to carry his rifle on an assault sling rather than on a shoulder sling. Because the weapon hung with the barrel parallel to the ground and not with the barrel pointing at the ground, it made people justifiably nervous.
    And you detract from the cause by being patronizing to Ms. Purser... she is not your dear.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

9. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn Purser View Post
    I believe in the right to bear arms but I too would be alarmed and would report if I saw someone carry into a restaurant or store.

These days I always watch for the unusual.

I understand the right but I would still be nervous.
    that's an interesting reaction. personally, i'd feel more comfortable, more safe, more secure.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    It's the folks carrying guns you can't see that I would think would concern more people than anything else.

I can guarantee you, the every Saturday morning when we go to Cracker Barrel, there are at least a few dozen guns under jackets somewhere.

At least 3 or 4 at my table alone.... Some of us remember the Lubys incident.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

12. Likes Dagobert II liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it's human nature. We are afraid of the snake that, even though it be harmless, we can see and are oblivious to the thousand that lie at our feet within easy striking distance as we pass down the trail.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

14. Thanks IronErnin thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoAnn Purser View Post

Then you either delude yourself and don't believe in the right to bear arms, or don't know the definition of "bear arms."
    I'll try to educate you: it means "carry."
    It is evident, YOU are part of the problem, and we need more people carrying, and carrying more often.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

16. Thanks ithoughtso thanked this post
    Likes ithoughtso liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast