Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dove Hunting

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I saw a GOM in one of the photos. He was camo'd all up. Hard to tell since he looked like an old broken down tree. Could have been Ludwig.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

2. Likes Grammar Rules liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought I saw a GOM in one of the photos. He was camo'd all up. Hard to tell since he looked like an old broken down tree. Could have been Ludwig.
    No, it could not have been me. I wear a Gilli suit. You'll never see me... and your dog won't smell me either.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

4. Likes Mestral liked this post
    LOL CenTexDave, Grammar Rules LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I have a lease out by Adamsville.......be out there Monday. don't know why I bother any more since the old lady won't cook 'em up 'less I ask for stew. oh well, will have 2 sons in law so it'll prob'ly be a long long day. to tell the truth my heart ain't much in it any more......I got 6 different fly ways so it should be a piece of cake......mac
    I am trying to remember what age your children are. Shouldn't there be grand kids along? Don't delay teaching them to shoot.
    My dad waited too long to teach me to shoot, skin and clean animals, and because of that I find it difficult to do still today.

BTW, for GR: it should only take a shot or two to sight in a shotgun.
    (one for adjustment, one for confirmation)
    Any more than that and yes, they are wasting ammo.
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    I am trying to remember what age your children are. Shouldn't there be grand kids along? Don't delay teaching them to shoot.
    My dad waited too long to teach me to shoot, skin and clean animals, and because of that I find it difficult to do still today.

BTW, for GR: it should only take a shot or two to sight in a shotgun.
    (one for adjustment, one for confirmation)
    Any more than that and yes, they are wasting ammo.
    Grammaar: Belay that last piece of advice. You don't "sight in a shotgun", you simply point and shoot. truth be told, you don't even see the front bead and there is no rear sight on a shotgun......I will guarantee you that if you sight or aim at a dove, duck, pheasant or quail that you'll MISS it.....again, you point, not aim, shotguns (slugs excepted).......mac
    Last edited by mac; August 31st, 2014 at 11:16 AM.

7. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestral View Post
    My dad waited too long to teach me to shoot, skin and clean animals, and because of that I find it difficult to do still today. .
    good advice, mestral.....but way too late. the 2 girls who are here this week end already have their kids in school or working.......all my girls and most of the boys are already accomplished shooters.....ditto for the grandkids......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Grammaar: Belay that last piece of advice. You don't "sight in a shotgun", you simply point and shoot. truth be told, you don't even see the front bead and there is no rear sight on a shotgun......I will guarantee you that if you sight or aim at a dove, duck, pheasant or quail that you'll MISS it.....again, you point, not aim, shotguns (slugs excepted).......mac
    I tell people to aim, since otherwise I get too many people who think they get a 6 foot pattern at 12 feet from the muzzle.
    Adjusting your aim on a shotgun is with Kentucky wind-age, of course. You don't see the bead at all? I was always aware of it.
    Might be the difference between an accomplished shotgunner (you) and an amateur rookie (me).
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mestral;342613]I tell people to aim, since otherwise I get too many people who think they get a 6 foot pattern at 12 feet from the muzzle.
    Adjusting your aim on a shotgun is with Kentucky windage, of course. You don't see the bead at all? I was always aware of it.
    Might be the difference between an accomplished shotgunner (you) and an amateur rookie (me).

nah, I never see the bead when I shoot.....only the bird or clay and, hopefully an explosion of feathers or clay dust.

pattern has much more to do with choke, swing and follow through than it does with sight picture....on a shotgun, you can't adjust your aim, you can only adjust your swing and stance.....mac

11. Thanks Mestral, Night Owl, CenTexDave thanked this post
    Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what the marksman was doing yesterday, but he calmed down and quit firing after a while. It will be nonstop tomorrow though, and the psycho dog will have to come into the house.

A game warden came by last week and asked about river access. I'm excited about that. I will give him a key if he will patrol by boat and bust some of the poachers and other violators who spoil hunting for the law abiding.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

13. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you let a few of us stop by we will help protect you from the bird flu. And we will do it for free.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

15. LOL Grammar Rules LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    If you let a few of us stop by we will help protect you from the bird flu. And we will do it for free.
    it'll prob'ly die down 'tween about 10 and 2......or maybe 9 and 3.....mac
    Last edited by mac; August 31st, 2014 at 8:14 PM.

17. Likes Night Owl liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast