Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Cowboys

Post Thanks / Like
    Free Agency will be a huge indicator as to where the Cowboys will go with that #4 pick. I think they'll go QB if they can pick up some good FA talent on the DL but I don't see that happening. My "CURRENT" Mock Draft has them picking up a DL but it's still way too early to tell.

They're in desperate need of another corner (unless they can convince both Carr and Claiborne to come back for a fraction of what they were making), linebacker (Rolando McClain has turned into a bust and Sean Lee can't play a whole season), DL for obvious reasons and QB. Out of all those needs, QB is probably the only "for sure" spot they can get during FA. They run the risk of needing to overspend to address any of the other positions in FA so my guess is they'll get them in the draft....having said that, my track record in the weekly pick 'ems indicate that I have absolutely NO clue of what will happen in the NFL so take everything I said with a grain of salt!!!!!
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

2. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    3 or 4 good DBs available and will probably go in the first 20 picks.
    3 excellent DEs available and will probably go in the first 10 picks.
    2 or 3 half decent QBs and I'm sure Cleveland will blow another first
    round pick on a dud.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    If they are even half way decent, that means the Boys will pass them up.

Might make Romo feel threatened and we can't have anything like building for the future or winning get in the way of that.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see a QB going in the first round. I hope Jerry doesn't make a stupid mistake like that, but it wouldn't be the first time.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see a QB going in the first round. I hope Jerry doesn't make a stupid mistake like that, but it wouldn't be the first time.
    Cleveland is pretty desperate for a new QB so they're probably the 1st team to grab a QB in the first round.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you are wrong, but unfortunately I fear the same. Problem is, the 3 QBs generally being talked about aren't any great deal.
    The Browns need tons of help. I would rather the Browns take Bosa.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just read the article about Romo having his surgery done after all... Nice of him to wait this long to make up his mind.

Now the team has him for something like $20 plus million for the next 3 years with no contract opt out... Must be nice sitting on ones butt and making millions.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

9. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just read on ESPN.com that Greg Hardy will be cut. Good riddance, but now with the number
    4 pick, and with their other DE suspended for 4 games, the Cowboys definitely need a DE.
    I don't know if Bosa will still be on the board, but there are 2-3 other real good ones in the draft.

Post Thanks / Like
    And one that will, most likely, fall down the board is Noah Spence?
    Played his senior year at Eastern Kentucky. Was a Buckeye and then tossed from
    the team in 2014 and suspended by the B1G for drug use, which has been reported he has
    recovered from. He was more highly thought of than Bosa when he played for Ohio State.
    That DL had some real beasts - Spence, Bosa, Michael Bennett and Adolphus Washington!!
    Seeing Jerry seems to like taking chances on previously suspended guys, he might be a good fit.

12. LOL cnjbond LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been following the NFL Combine pretty closely.
    If the Cowboys want their "QB of the future" I'm sure one will be there at pick #4. Personally, I wouldn't waste
    the #4 pick on any of the 3-5 QBs that people are hyping in this draft.
    What the Cowboys do need is a pass rusher, DL help and DB help. Plenty of real good help there at #4.
    Bosa and Spence both turned in kind of slow times in the 40, but Bosa turned in a great time in the 20 yd shuttle run.
    Looking for a weak side LB who can also blitz? Check out Darren Lee - 235 lbs and ran a 4.47 in the 40!!!!

14. Likes cnjbond liked this post
Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 ... LastLast