Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 LastLast

Thread: Everything Cowboys

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ts/ar-BB18muSm
    The Dallas Cowboys will begin their 2020 season in less than three weeks against the Rams in Los Angeles.
    Jerry Jones still trying to find common ground with Cowboys players over national anthem protests

? Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones hopes to find a compromise with team players over the anthem issue.
    It’s not yet known what will take place during the national anthem ahead of the “Sunday Night Football” matchup on NBC. What we do know is that several big-name players plan to protest during said anthem in the midst of a year that has seen racial division in the United States at its highest level since the civil rights movement some four decades ago.

Despite, this Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has not joined others in showing public support for the Black Lives Matter movement and ongoing protests. Fresh off a man by the name of Jacob Blake being shot in the back seven times by police officers in Wisconsin, this has been brought to the forefront once again.

How will Jones and the Cowboys respond to all of this? He is still seeking common ground with Cowboys players over national anthem protests.

“At the end of the day, as a recognition we support our players,” Jones said on his radio show on 105.3 The Fan Tuesday (h/t the Star-Telegram). “I knelt with our players, as you know, on a personal basis but as a team, we all knelt together before the anthem and then we stood for the anthem to recognize what it’s symbol is to America. And [I] thought that was good and that’s the kind of thing we’ll be looking to see if we can implement.”

Back in 2017, when pretty much the entire NFL took a knee to protest police brutality and comments made by President Donald Trump, the Cowboys didn’t take part. They took a knee before the anthem, only to stand with Jones when the anthem itself was played.

That’s highly unlikely to cut it once the NFL season opens next month. As we have seen recently, players have not been quiet following the death of George Floyd at the hands of a then-Minneapolis police officer back in May. Other incidents, including both the Blake shooting this past weekend and the killing of Breonna Taylor, have NFL players from all walks of life speaking up.

Meanwhile, the NFL itself has admitted it mishandled the Colin Kaepernick-led protests from years ago. The league now supports Black Lives Matter and the rights of players to protest police brutality during the anthem.

As it relates to Jones, he’s received a ton of criticism for not showing support for the Black Lives Matter movement. Jones’ personal friendship with the president and his donation of $1 million to Trump’s inaugural fund complicates things further in this regard. That’s especially true given the current state of race relations in the United States and the 2020 Presidential Election just over two months away.

How Jones and the players handle all of this heading into the 2020 NFL season will be a major backdrop in Big D. That’s for sure.
    Saw a similar story online in which the writer SLAMS Jones for his...insensitivity on this matter. The writer also noted (true? false?) that Kaepernick sought the advice of a friend who was "a Green Beret", and that friend was the one who TOLD him how to do the "knee"! (the Green Beret was named in that story! Wonder if I should track it down...)
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    I have read that story about the Green Beret several times from a variety of news outlets and in some stories, he was named. I am inclined to believe that the story is true. I do not like the fact that the players have been (and will continue) kneeling for the National Anthem and have mixed emotions about it. I support any person's right to freedom of speech and their right to peaceably protest whatever they want. I don't have to like it just like they don't have to like my stance on the 2nd Amendment. What I have a problem with is the NFL's support for BLM which is a Marxist organization if there ever was one. I withhold my support from any organization that paints an entire group of people (in this case the police) as bad. I will no more support BLM than I would the KKK. As far as I'm concerned, they are two peas in a pod. That the NFL has suddenly changed their course and is now openly supporting BLM means I'll not watch any NFL. Yup, I'll miss the Cowboys and the Browns but I'm sure I'll be just fine without them.
    Last edited by ExKilleencitizen; August 25th, 2020 at 4:21 PM.

3. Thanks Night Owl, gnatsum thanked this post
    Likes sojourner truth, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw a similar story online in which the writer SLAMS Jones for his...insensitivity on this matter. The writer also noted (true? false?) that Kaepernick sought the advice of a friend who was "a Green Beret", and that friend was the one who TOLD him how to do the "knee"! (the Green Beret was named in that story! Wonder if I should track it down...)
    You keep bringing up this "green beret" who supposedly, okay'd Kaepernick to disrespect the National Anthem, but who cares? Had the spoiled brat been taught how to pay respects by his parents, he wouldn't have had to go find some phony redemption from some nameless moron who doesn't speak for all who have served.

5. Thanks Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    He hates our country but he loves our money. You'd figure he'd go play soccer it South America, just to get away from the USA. Too many racists. But nope.

He's gotta play a bitch.

7. Likes sojourner truth, Rick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The internet is all abuzz...apparently the David Irving story is being referred to as "the blunt retirement", as he was smoking one on the video...
    And did he clearly state that he "didn't smoke any drugs"?
    OK, and I guess by his definition, marijuana is...what, "a respiratory aid"? A pizza topping?
    a herb.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    The internet is all abuzz...apparently the David Irving story is being referred to as "the blunt retirement", as he was smoking one on the video...
    And did he clearly state that he "didn't smoke any drugs"?
    OK, and I guess by his definition, marijuana is...what, "a respiratory aid"? A pizza topping?
    https://youtu.be/JEyAVeam9rg
    The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.

Post Thanks / Like
    A Herb is a guy.
    An herb is a plant.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if JJ will take Earl Thomas now, another solid citizen ( along with his wife). JJ has wanted him for awhile now, but he's not jumping to take him...yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sickofpc View Post
    A Herb is a guy.
    An herb is a plant.
    only if you believe, for some strange reason, that the "h" is silent in herb....mac
    Last edited by mac; August 25th, 2020 at 11:14 PM.
    Live as if you were living a second time, and as though you had acted wrongly the first time.

Post Thanks / Like
    As it should be, just like the word honest.

Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 LastLast