Thread: Cure for a Bad Day

Post Thanks / Like

Cure for a Bad Day

Whenever I have a bad day and want to give up on life, here is where I go for a re-charge:

"A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

2. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reminds me of a joke I heard way long ago, but the wrong thread for that.
    Amazing young woman.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rweminded me of the first real sold out Christian I ever met... A ypoung SP4 who was in my Howitzer section in Germany.

While carring a 155MM projo across the firing point to my gun, he set the thing down hard on top of his foot and screamed "praise the lord!!!"... I asked him what would make him prase the lord after dropping a 100 pound round on his foot in the snow and freezing weather.

He just looked at me and said "Because I am alive, I have 2 good feet, and the pain reminded me of just how lucky I am that God put me in this world".

I still tell the story to folks I know. His name was Joe Martin, and he was a recovered alcoholic... Oh, and he was from Waco Texas.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

5. Thanks Mestral thanked this post
    Likes Night Owl, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for sharing, she is truly inspirational!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke