Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fan Loyalty

Post Thanks / Like

Fan Loyalty

I may be stirring up a hornets nest here, but what is up with the Texas Ranger fans? Being born and raised a Cardinal fan in St. Louis, you were always a fan, good and bad. You always went to the games, despite the season. It is like there are all these fans when the Rangers do well, but when they don't.....geez.
    Personal attacks are an admission of intellectual bankruptcy

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been to dozens of games. I quit going to games after the last strike. Millionaires suing billionaires for my money. I decided to take my money out of the fight.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

3. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you seen the price of tickets lately? Add to that losing a half day for travel, the cost of parking, food costs... one game costs me about $250. I'll pay that only when they play a good team like the NY Yankees... the last game I went to with all my grandchildren... I spent over $1500 for that night at the ballpark.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

5. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I may be stirring up a hornets nest here, but what is up with the Texas Ranger fans? Being born and raised a Cardinal fan in St. Louis, you were always a fan, good and bad. You always went to the games, despite the season. It is like there are all these fans when the Rangers do well, but when they don't.....geez.
    This is not a Baseball state. Basketball either, and Hockey well, there are enough Yankess around here to support the Stars, I also think hockey is still a southern curiosity to people down here. Baseball is page 3 sports , right after what Charlie Strong is doing with the Horns on page 1 and Jerry Jones putting a Victoria's Secret in Texas Stadium on page 2.

7. Thanks kisdparent thanked this post
    Likes Grammar Rules liked this post
    LOL Night Owl, LauraA, CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I lived near the stadium and the tickets were affordable, I would go to some games just as something to do. I don't live near the stadium though, so I haven't even looked at ticket prices.

Post Thanks / Like
    You just can't beat an evening at the ballpark. My family goes as much as they can. When I went to University of Louisville (from where Charlie Strong was stolen for the Longhorns) and basketball is HUGE there. Football is getting a bit more attention, especially since the Cards played in the Sugar bowl two years ago. When I went there, I don't think attendance was that high at football games. Now when I went to grad school at Nebraska, oh my gosh, football is HUGE. They have sold out every game since 1964. They hold the record for sellouts. Every Nebraskan is a Husker fan.

Post Thanks / Like
    For several years, my daughter lived just on the other side of I30 from the ballpark, definitely within walking distance. She would go to games several times a year.
    A couple of years ago, we went to visit her, and walked to the game.
    The highlight of the game, besides the amazing rally the Rangers had to drive the game into extra innings and end up winning was this little incident - loudest thing I've ever heard. We were on the 3rd base side.

11. Likes LauraA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I are diehard Rangers fans, but it has become difficult to stay so after the past 3 seasons. Seems like if there was a bad choice to make, they haven't missed one lately.

No Hitting, no starting pitching, all the high pay players on the injured reserve list, and a defense that just plain stinks. The worst part was getting rid of many of the old players who were, wel... getting old and not producing, just to see them become high number producers for their new teams.

Nelly Cruz, who couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle is now miraculously leading the MLs in home runs. They just plain stink.

We can watch a game and tell how it will go based on whomever they start as pitcher. Yu is about all they have, and when he has a bad start he pouts and says he hurts and has to sit out a month or 2. Washington has given up and is using the rest of the season to check out some of his AAA assets... None of which seem to have much promise.

But, we will still watch and moan every night, and proudly wear our Ranger hats.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

13. Likes Night Owl, LauraA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ST, you are a true fan

15. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah well, we are sitting here flipping between the cowboys and the Rangers games, and let's just say that I am thinking seriously about watching a DVD instead....

It's like watching Dumb and Dumber.....
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

17. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    LOL Night Owl, LauraA, cnjbond, TexMexYum LOL'd at this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast