Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fan Loyalty

Post Thanks / Like
    The Texans looked good.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Texans looked good.
    Lol, what a Cowboys defection? Does anyone follow the Astros?
    Personal attacks are an admission of intellectual bankruptcy

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah. They're worse than the Rangers.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Au contraire my friend... Nobody is worse than the Rangers. But the Astros are trying to do their best to catch up.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

5. LOL Night Owl, CenTexDave, Grammar Rules LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fan Loyalty: there is this story from the Abbott/Davis battle for Governor, where he calls her out for not being a strong enough Cowboys fan!:
    "Sometimes in Texas it really is all about football. Even in politics.
    After Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis went on the sports station KTCK/1310 “The Ticket” on Wednesday morning, her Republican opponent, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, wanted to point out just one thing: The Fort Worth state senator may not be a faithful Dallas Cowboys football fan.
    Abbott’s gubernatorial campaign sent out an email after the morning show noting that Davis said on air that she has been a longtime supporter of the Cowboys.
    “I grew up cheering for the Cowboys and I haven’t stopped ever since,” Davis said on the show. “And I’ll be cheering for them again this year.”
    But Abbott’s campaign questioned her football loyalties, pointing to a Vogue interview last year with one of Davis’s daughters who said she and her mother are both “big” fans of the Patriots. And they noted that Davis once posted “Go Pats!” on Facebook.
    On the eve of the official kickoff of the NFL season, some political analysts suggest the issue isn’t truly a fumble.
    “There are more serious issues the candidates need to focus on,” said Cal Jillson, a political science professor at Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
    The Davis campaign said this hoopla is much ado about nothing — and she’s not flip-flopping on her football loyalties.
    “Wendy Davis has two words: Go Cowboys,” spokesman Zac Petkanas said.
    After all, just earlier this year, former Dallas Cowboys running back Emmitt Smith donated $10,000 to the Texas Victory Committee, which is a joint effort supporting both Davis’ gubernatorial bid and Battleground Texas, an effort to boost Democratic turnout at the polls."
    http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/09...s-or-pats.html
    Abbott thinks he's better in this regard because he apparently has never uttered or written "Go Pats" in his life? So Davis isn't the Cowboys fan she could be...maybe if the 'boys were capable of consistently delivering season results better than 8-8...
    Maybe if Romo could take them to the playoffs...and win.

Or am I expectiing too much again?
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    I lost my last reason to go to a Ranger's game today when Ron Washington resigned his position as Manager. I mourn his leaving as if he had died.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I lost my last reason to go to a Ranger's game today when Ron Washington resigned his position as Manager. I mourn his leaving as if he had died.
    wow....that's too bad. he's a real class act........he says it's "because of a off the field personal matter"......mac
    Last edited by mac; September 5th, 2014 at 6:39 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder if he is sniffing stuff through his nose again?

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

10. Likes fchafey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The team said it was not drug related. As Ron does not have any kids, and he said it was "family related issue" we can only guess what is going on. Nobody is saying a thing right now.

But one thing Ron can say is that tonight... he was not managing a basement sucking bunch of losers.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

12. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cardinalsplayoffs.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	5001

Just couldn't resist
    Personal attacks are an admission of intellectual bankruptcy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast