Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR's Tony Stewart allegedly hits, kills driver at dirt-track race in New York

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry. The car driven by Tony Stewart killed him.
    And I suppose ISIS is not killing anyone either - their guns and swords are.
    i'm just sayin' that it may be indeed true that Tony killed him....I doubt it though......i'm certainly not ready to say that he did today......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it was a terrorist attack.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stewart's car hit and killed the guy. The question now was it an accident or not. From what I saw the idiot was on the race track and moved down the track to confront Stewart. I think it was an accident but I'm guessing a jury will decide.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    In a mid-afternoon press conference, Ontario County (N.Y.) Sheriff Philip Povero said that as of now, there are “no facts in hand” to support criminal intent from Tony Stewart after he was involved in a fatal incident during a sprint car race Saturday night at New York’s Canandaigua Motorsports Park.

Povero also mentioned that the investigation was still ongoing and that multiple factors were being taken into account such as the condition of the track’s clay surface and the lighting of the Turn 2 area where the incident took place.

“There are no foregone conclusions made at this point,” Povero said of the investigation. “We’re looking for any information, any relative evidence, that will help us to come to a final determination as to why this happened.”

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com...-at-this-time/
    America Love it or leave it!
    LLAP

5. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    Stewart's car hit and killed the guy. The question now was it an accident or not. From what I saw the idiot was on the race track and moved down the track to confront Stewart. I think it was an accident but I'm guessing a jury will decide.
    or......maybe Ward walked out on the busy track in front of Tony's car and Tony was unable to see and avoid him......mac

7. Thanks Night Owl, TheOldProgrammer thanked this post
    Likes TheOldProgrammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's also a narrow field of vision for a driver in a sprint car, what with the wing, the sides of the body. and the fact that the cars normally come out of the corners sideways when they are at speed.
    Former racer Ricky Craven said on ESPN's SportsCenter after the Cup race broadcast that most tracks and most racing series don't have rules about drivers staying in or close to their cars after a wreck (drivers can leave only if there is a fire or race traffic danger, or only after being seen by emergency personnel), and this is now the time to add that rule where it didn't previously exist, before the next driver gets killed.
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gnatsum View Post
    There's also a narrow field of vision for a driver in a sprint car, what with the wing, the sides of the body. and the fact that the cars normally come out of the corners sideways when they are at speed.
    Former racer Ricky Craven said on ESPN's SportsCenter after the Cup race broadcast that most tracks and most racing series don't have rules about drivers staying in or close to their cars after a wreck (drivers can leave only if there is a fire or race traffic danger, or only after being seen by emergency personnel), and this is now the time to add that rule where it didn't previously exist, before the next driver gets killed.
    well, he also had a car in front of him that looks to me like would have blocked ward out from tony's vision until he was amost right on top of him (oops, bad choice of words)....

I haven't seen the entire video but I understand Ward was dragged quite a ways under Tony's care and then came loose and went airborne for quite a ways too. must've been pretty gruesome.....tony looked pretty shaken up (but a long ways from dead) when he was going into that Driver's shed.....matter of fact, he looked real shaken up.....prob'ly knew, suspected or had just found out that the guy was dead.......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    whoa.....wait a minit! who the hell said Tony killed him?.....mac
    According to a CNN article, authorities said it. Third paragraph -
    Stewart hit and killed another driver who was walking on a track during a dirt-track race in upstate New York on Saturday night, authorities said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    well, he also had a car in front of him that looks to me like would have blocked ward out from tony's vision until he was amost right on top of him (oops, bad choice of words)....

I haven't seen the entire video but I understand Ward was dragged quite a ways under Tony's care and then came loose and went airborne for quite a ways too. must've been pretty gruesome.....tony looked pretty shaken up (but a long ways from dead) when he was going into that Driver's shed.....matter of fact, he looked real shaken up.....prob'ly knew, suspected or had just found out that the guy was dead.......mac

Well here take a good look
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C698ejUwG_M
    America Love it or leave it!
    LLAP

Post Thanks / Like
    The part of the video I saw shows the car crashing and Ward getting out of his car and walking into the race track. What kind of idiot does that. If you can walk jump that concrete barrier and get safe. Get into an argument about the cause of the crash later.

My prayers go out to the family of the driver killed and Stewart looked pretty shaken up.

13. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast