Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Need Recommendation for Home Security System

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope D'II isn't serious about most of the things he proposes, but Ludwig is correct. It's not legal to boobytrap premises even to prevent trespassers.

In addition to my monitored home security system, I have dogs and guns too, plus a gate with a code lock. Your first defense is common sense, though. A friend who lives even farther out into east Cedarwhackerville than I do left her car at my place when she and I went somewhere recently. I locked up and set the alarm system as we left, and she remarked that they don't lock their door at home.

It won't take but one incident to change her mind.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nextalarm.com just discovered it and this might be a better option then the other systems I suggested as it works with existing units.

Post Thanks / Like
    How is it better?
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is it better?

Cheaper service and it operates off Voip and you cell phone. A lot of existing or new installs work off of a landline or charge $300 in order to install the cell service. Lastly and maybe the most important is there's no contract!!!!!!! I hate contracts with everything I love as a consumer, Dish/direct ties me into a two or three year contract with the latest and greatest invention and pricing offers only to run you over to get to the new customer three months later as your prices rise and the equipment you got becomes quickly outdated. Same thing occurs with cell phone companies and consumers are duped into those contracts as well, did you know that you can purchase a samsung galaxy at full price ($599) and use it at cricket paying $40 dollars a month sell your phone a year later on ebay for $350, buy the latest samsung or Iphone again for $599 and still pay a considerable amount less over the course of 2 years then you would have had you used AT&T as your service provider paying $70 or $80 for the same service.
    Last edited by onetime; July 29th, 2014 at 10:05 PM.

5. Thanks Grammar Rules thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, used Cricket for years, but now they are being bought out by AT&T and will be known as AIO. Will see if they still offer cheap plans. I've already been emailed that I will need a new phone within 8 months or so (different operating system). Not too pleased about that - bought a new Samsung phone for $230 last October at Cricket.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does nextalarm incorporate a fire alarm? Mine are separate from ADT, but I'd like them combined. ADT gave me some crap about needing a permit to disable mine when I asked about combining them.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does nextalarm incorporate a fire alarm? Mine are separate from ADT, but I'd like them combined. ADT gave me some crap about needing a permit to disable mine when I asked about combining them.
    I didn't see it, but to replace your's with theirs should just be plug and play unless they came out and looked at them and told you that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is why I appreciate my locked automatic gate with security code. My daughter texted me today to ask if I was expecting anyone because there was a man in a white SUV, parked in the drive outside my gate when she drove by.

Here's what I found rolled up in the gate when I got home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	5414
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

10. LOL sojourner truth, CenTexDave, siamcat LOL'd at this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3