Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need Recommendation for Home Security System

Post Thanks / Like

Need Recommendation for Home Security System

Hi. Can someone recommend a good home security system?

So far, I have only called Vivint but they are rather expensive - $79.99 / month plus the installation fee of 199. Not sure if there is anything better out there.

Thanks.

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have ADT. They're very reliable and responsive. I don't know the installation cost on an existing home.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

3. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepnbeep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

So far, I have only called Vivint but they are rather expensive - $79.99 / month plus the installation fee of 199. Not sure if there is anything better out there.

Thanks.
    a good home security system? well, Colt and Taurus are both real good.....mac

5. Thanks CenTexDave, Night Owl thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepnbeep View Post

Thanks.
    1. ADT or ADT pulse - I have pulse which gives you a ton of rip-off options including motion detectors, connected fire alarms, smoke alarms, night vision motion sensing cameras, auto door locks, auto on off light switches, video keypads, anti glass break, window sensors, a cell phone app with dial feature and an appliance on/off operator that works with your tvs as well. Anyways this service locks you into a 3 year contract at about $50 and up depending on how many features you have. The rip off is the 3 year contract and the fact that anything that you need will cost you up to $150 and up. You can buy some of this stuff online so I would search around the net if your thinking about using this.

2. Time warner cable now offers a home security system that is comparative to ADT, that may not be a good thing.

3. Vivint offers more stuff but you have to sign a 4 or 5 year contract and the monthly prices are the same

4. simply safe, this'll be what I think I am going to sign up with if they offer in my neck of the woods. They offer a package of products that they will sell to you, but they do not have all the bells and whistles of the others. It is $15 a month and it does not require a contract whatsoever.

I am sure you already know, but by doing so you lower your home insurance bill, good luck

Someone will put some type of gun as security but everyone does not want to go down that path.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    I have ADT. They're very reliable and responsive. I don't know the installation cost on an existing home.
    ADT pulse is the solution for existing homes, it is wireless.

Post Thanks / Like
    So no land line is needed?
    That's one reason I never had one installed - haven 't had a land line for about 10 years now.
    But I have a sign on my front window that says "These premises protected by Smith & Wesson".
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

9. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    12GA 00B

Post Thanks / Like
    Mac - Mr. Colt and Mr. Taurus is not going to do anything for me if I am out of the area or if I don't hear anything. I am loaded though.

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, my ADT works off a cellular signal (not my cell phone, a separate unit they install) since I don't have a land line.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

13. Thanks CenTexDave thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you guys think about the security system that can be bought at Sam's. I have seen systems that are about 500 to 1K. Just buy the equipment and that's it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast