Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hood or not

Post Thanks / Like

Hood or not

School board meets tonight to decide if games will be played at Hood Stadium this year-----your thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Being reported they want to go back to using only Leo Buckley. Thursday night games there are not that bad, unless maybe you travel from College Station, but that won't be happening any longer.
    http://www.kwtx.com/ourtown/home/hea...266327281.html
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    It has always been less that optimum for the fans and the players to play at Hood Stadium. But what about the money the district put into building the "locker rooms"?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know. If Fort Hood would have built it the way a football stadium should be with stands on each side they probably wouldn't be moving the games.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    agree and have air conditioned locker rooms. I can't imagine what those are like in August/September! Looks like they will be moving to Leo for all games. Now the debate can begin on having games on Thursday nights and interfering with kids studies.

Post Thanks / Like
    It will be home games for KISD schools, and, if I remember correctly, start times are pushed up to 7PM vice 7:30PM start times as on Fridays.
    Sure, it is not ideal, but it is still better than dealing with that junk stadium on Ft Hood.

7. Likes ethelm, gvls78, sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its no big deal having Thursday or Saturday games, especially in district where the teams are no more than 60 miles away(Midway). I believe Katy ISD has 1 stadium that 6 or so schools play at. Makes especially makes no since for KHS or Heights to have to travel way over to Hood and play.

9. Likes sickofpc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKilleen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its no big deal having Thursday or Saturday games, especially in district where the teams are no more than 60 miles away(Midway). I believe Katy ISD has 1 stadium that 6 or so schools play at. Makes especially makes no since for KHS or Heights to have to travel way over to Hood and play.
    Wayyyyyyy over to Hood. Who are you kidding. What is it, maybe 10 minutes.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

11. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When Buckly Stadium is in KHS backyard it makes no since to go wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to ft hood. Some of us arent military and dont venture on to post anyway....yeah I know the stadium is not through the gates.

13. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bottom line is that stadium sucks. Stands only on one side. I went to one game there and that was enough. Locker rooms suck and the field sucks. Plus they have to "rent" the stadium to play there.

15. Likes sickofpc liked this post
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast