Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Revolution

Post Thanks / Like

Revolution

I've used Revolution (for heart worms and fleas ) on the 5th of last month and the 5th of this month. I have two mini dachshunds and a German Shepherd, they are coated with fleas! The revolution isn't out of date and I purchased it from the vet clinic, but it isn't working. Does anyone know if I have to wait until the 5th of next month to try frontline? I'm guessing I have to wait and if so what can I do in the meantime about the fleas?? Anyone else have this problem with Revolution?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had little luck with any of the topical preparations. Getting enough of the material down on the bare skin has been problematic with my wooly Shiatsus. I have had excellent results with Trifexis which is a chewable tablet that the dogs gobble up like a treat and which not only kills fleas but also protects against heartworms, and treats and controls hookworm, roundworm, and whipworm infections. It is a bit pricey at around $25/dose but well worth it to me.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

3. Likes tx_trooper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the Revolution is $20, so that isn't that bad.

We have had good results so far with Revolution, but do worry about what the neighbor dogs have that is spreading into our yard. That woman doesn't do anything for those animals of hers. No baths, no time with them, never brushed or taken to the vet. Shoot, they don't even scoop the poop.

Sure glad she's on the north side of the house and the wind is out of the south most the time.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

5. Saddened by siamcat is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just use the stuff I can get at the grocery store for fleas.

Heartworm meds I get at the vet. Can't you just call your vet and ask him/her what to do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, the Revolution is $20, so that isn't that bad.

We have had good results so far with Revolution, but do worry about what the neighbor dogs have that is spreading into our yard. That woman doesn't do anything for those animals of hers. No baths, no time with them, never brushed or taken to the vet. Shoot, they don't even scoop the poop.

Sure glad she's on the north side of the house and the wind is out of the south most the time.
    Why do people have pets and not take care of them? We had the poor dog behind us. Just in a cage all day and all night. Filthy, green water, no interactions with humans.

We used to take our hose and flood the cooler until the water was less green in the summer. Once in a while we would throw him a bone or talk to him through the fence. I think he knew us better then his owners.

8. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    Why do people have pets and not take care of them? We had the poor dog behind us. Just in a cage all day and all night. Filthy, green water, no interactions with humans.

We used to take our hose and flood the cooler until the water was less green in the summer. Once in a while we would throw him a bone or talk to him through the fence. I think he knew us better then his owners.
    You may want to consider reporting such cruelty to animals.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    I just use the stuff I can get at the grocery store for fleas.

Heartworm meds I get at the vet. Can't you just call your vet and ask him/her what to do?
    I did but the vet was busy and the tech wasn't that helpful. All she said was it should work and I probably have lot's of fleas in my yard. I'll try again and also ask about what Ludwig mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like
    The best solution is treat your yard. My pups don't get fleas and I use no flea meds on them. Treat the edges of the yard extra heavy so you put a death barrier down. End result is no fleas.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

12. Thanks tx_trooper thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You may want to consider reporting such cruelty to animals.
    I did, several times. The kennel was big enough and had a medium dog house in it for shelter. Big cooler of water and food most of the time.
    I learned to time the reports to when the kennel was filthy, the water was green, and/or the food was moldy. After they came it got cleaned up until the next time. Then the dog died.
    It's apparently not against the law to have a dog, keep him locked up in a kennel, and never interact with it, if you have shelter, the cage is big enough, and there is food and water. It should be in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    The best solution is treat your yard. My pups don't get fleas and I use no flea meds on them. Treat the edges of the yard extra heavy so you put a death barrier down. End result is no fleas.
    yep, that's exactly what I do to, plus I put a flea collar on him when I take him over to Purser's Dog Park....mac

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast