Thread: Transparency at Walt Disney World

Post Thanks / Like

Transparency at Walt Disney World

Just in case you were planning a visit to Walt Disney World this summer, in the interest of transparency be aware that you and your children may be exposed to activities and displays you may find objectionable.

Walt Disney World will be host to a new program dubbed "Family Outfest." This “Outfest” will drastically increase the presence of radical activist homosexuals in Disney parks, which will undoubtedly include significant displays of homosexual propaganda around the parks. All this in an effort to make us accept same-sex couples as “normal” families.

"Outfest" is scheduled for the first week of July — including 4th of July weekend. Families buying tickets for this weekend are not being informed of this event.

Now you know and you can make an informed decision.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just in case you were planning a visit to Walt Disney World this summer, in the interest of transparency be aware that you and your children may be exposed to activities and displays you may find objectionable.

Walt Disney World will be host to a new program dubbed "Family Outfest." This “Outfest” will drastically increase the presence of radical activist homosexuals in Disney parks, which will undoubtedly include significant displays of homosexual propaganda around the parks. All this in an effort to make us accept same-sex couples as “normal” families.

"Outfest" is scheduled for the first week of July — including 4th of July weekend. Families buying tickets for this weekend are not being informed of this event.

Now you know and you can make an informed decision.
    why do you say that Disney World is "hosting" Family Outfest"? I mean, actually, I guess you could say that they "host" anyone who buys a ticket and walks through the gate. They're not sponsoring it or anything like that are they? What would you have them do, close down their operation while these looneys are in town and open back up after they leave? Maybe they ARE sponsors, but if so, I sure can't find any indication of that being the case......mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Shucks, what do I know.

This from Variety: http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/dis...nt-1201079887/

Andrea Seikaly
    @AndiSeikaly

Walt Disney Co. is a participating partner behind Family Outfest, a week-long event for gay, lesbian and transgender families set for this summer.

Family Outfest is set to take place in Orlando, home to popular family attractions including the iconic Disney World, Epcot, Sea World and Universal Studios, during the first week of July. A description of the event states that its mission is “to celebrate the shared cultural heritage of what all families look like, regardless of who you are, how you identify or whom you love.”

The website advertising the event, orlandogaytravel.com, lists Disney as a “main partner” along with Nickelodeon Suites Resort, Macy’s and Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, according to an Orlando TV station.

The station also reported that the event is part of a larger effort to increase spending in central Florida by LGBT families. With over 1,000 families expected to attend, it predicted that the area could receive $2 million in spending.

The announcement of Family Outfest also comes just days after the introduction of Disney’s first ever same-sex couple on last Sunday’s episode of “Good Luck Charlie.”

You may also want to check out a local (Orlando) TV report at: http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...ay-bise/nc6cH/
    Last edited by Ludwig; June 7th, 2014 at 2:01 PM.
    "A boy cannot become a girl and a man cannot become a woman, not even if he shuts his eyes and wishes really hard."

4. Likes just2cents liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shucks, what do I know.

This from Variety: http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/dis...nt-1201079887/

Andrea Seikaly
    @AndiSeikaly

Walt Disney Co. is a participating partner behind Family Outfest, a week-long event for gay, lesbian and transgender families set for this summer.

Family Outfest is set to take place in Orlando, home to popular family attractions including the iconic Disney World, Epcot, Sea World and Universal Studios, during the first week of July. A description of the event states that its mission is “to celebrate the shared cultural heritage of what all families look like, regardless of who you are, how you identify or whom you love.”

The website advertising the event, orlandogaytravel.com, lists Disney as a “main partner” along with Nickelodeon Suites Resort, Macy’s and Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, according to an Orlando TV station.

The station also reported that the event is part of a larger effort to increase spending in central Florida by LGBT families. With over 1,000 families expected to attend, it predicted that the area could receive $2 million in spending.

The announcement of Family Outfest also comes just days after the introduction of Disney’s first ever same-sex couple on last Sunday’s episode of “Good Luck Charlie.”

You may also want to check out a local (Orlando) TV report at: http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...ay-bise/nc6cH/
    well, I prob'ly wouldn't put as much stock in "variety" and "gay travel" as you possibly might. only reason i'm asking is because one of my daughters and her family are planning to be down there during this time frame....I kind of think that as long as Disneyland is not a sponsor of it i'm ok with it. to me, saying they're a host is like saying Florida is a host....or even, the United States is hosting........mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    well, I prob'ly wouldn't put as much stock in "variety" and "gay travel" as you possibly might. only reason i'm asking is because one of my daughters and her family are planning to be down there during this time frame....I kind of think that as long as Disneyland is not a sponsor of it i'm ok with it. to me, saying they're a host is like saying Florida is a host....or even, the United States is hosting........mac
    Lands sakes, Mac. What in "Walt Disney Co. is a participating partner behind Family Outfest, a week-long event for gay, lesbian and transgender families set for this summer." do you not understand? No, they are not just opening the doors to all comers (no pun intended). They are active sponsors... that is even more clear in the video of the Orlanda TV station report.

But, heck if you don't mind your daughters and grandchildren, if any, being exposed to such antics, who am I to object. My only intent is to inform.

7. Likes CenTexDave, Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lands sakes, Mac. What in "Walt Disney Co. is a participating partner behind Family Outfest, a week-long event for gay, lesbian and transgender families set for this summer." do you not understand? No, they are not just opening the doors to all comers (no pun intended). They are active sponsors... that is even more clear in the video of the Orlanda TV station report.

But, heck if you don't mind your daughters and grandchildren, if any, being exposed to such antics, who am I to object. My only intent is to inform.
    I went to that outfest site and there's a list of sponsors there and Disney is not on the list.....does that help?

I've already forwarded this to the daughter so, i'm sure she'll be checkin' it out. she won't cancel the trip just because of some other unsavory types will be there the same day but if Disney is sponsoring them well, just ain't no way they'd go at that time.....more likely at no time. They're pretty strict about things like that.....even more strict than I am, if that's possible....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Living in Central Florida for many years and going to the Disney parks I have seen this many times. And the gays Flaunt "their lifestyle" in your family's face. if you don't like it Your given one choice. "LEAVE THE PARK" That is what a Disney manager will tell you. You have know when Gay days are to avoid them. I know of one trip KHS took to Disney My friends kids went and it was during gay days. Keep in mind the gays like to show support by wear red shirts well KHS shirts are kinda red. Of course KISD didn't know when it was or I think the trip would have been at a different time.
    Last edited by The321; June 8th, 2014 at 10:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gays (or any self interest group) going to the park in force is one thing. Wear a T-shirt that says gay pride while you're at the Haunted Mansion. Wear a rainbow colored ribbon while walking through Epcot. But behavior that is sexual in nature is inappropriate and bull_ _ _ t. I would like to know exactly what 321 is referring to as "flaunting their lifestyle." If it's holding hands and giving an occasional kiss, I say deal with it. If it's strolling around in sexually provocative clothing, engaging in lip-locking embraces, or something else that is intended to shock those who are straight then they should be removed from the property.

11. Thanks sojourner truth thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by corgifan View Post
    Gays (or any self interest group) going to the park in force is one thing. Wear a T-shirt that says gay pride while you're at the Haunted Mansion. Wear a rainbow colored ribbon while walking through Epcot. But behavior that is sexual in nature is inappropriate and bull_ _ _ t. I would like to know exactly what 321 is referring to as "flaunting their lifestyle." If it's holding hands and giving an occasional kiss, I say deal with it. If it's strolling around in sexually provocative clothing, engaging in lip-locking embraces, or something else that is intended to shock those who are straight then they should be removed from the property.
    That's just what happens. I just didn't want to Shock anyone with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I mentioned this in another thread recently, I was not aware that this is still going on.
    I first heard of this on a religious talk show back in the '90s (OK, it was Bob Larson's "Talk Back). The folks who called in to "report" what they saw claimed that people were "making out" in public...which might be confusing. What I call "making out" is the full equivalent of "hitting a home run" (based on the old slang terms of "first base", "second base", and "third base". What others call "making out" is apparently nothing more than kissing each other on the lips for more than two seconds (which apparently freaks out a LOT of people, and some of them get freaked out even if it's a man and a woman kissing!).
    Don't know what it is about folks "getting their freak on" in public amusement parks. I guess just doing "it" back at the hotel has lost its charm.
    There are also people who found out that many amusement parks installed cameras in non-open areas ("caves" and tunnels on rides) for security and maintenance reasons, and some of those women in those groups have now taken to FLASHING their bare breasts to those cameras (forgot what the menfolk do...maybe flip the bird to the cameras?)
    "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." 'Argument Clinic', Monty Python's Flying Circus