Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Blue bonnets

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is easy with the Tapatalk app. It's the best.
    I still prefer ForumRunner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kantwin View Post
    I still prefer ForumRunner.
    Me too

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." Thomas Paine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lovetoread View Post
    That is a great idea JoAnn. Growing inside does sound hard if not impossible. Maybe if we can see the whole process and get seeds we can grow outside. I am excited and off to do some research.
    And for language arts include the legend if the bluebonnet http://www.coedu.usf.edu/culture/Story/Story_Texas.htm

There is a beautifully illustrated book by DePaulo (hope I'm remembering the name correctly; it's been many, many blue moons since I taught the younglings)

There is alo a legend of the paintbrush not as widely known; blooms about the same time as bluebonnet s and often seen together
    Last edited by Imagine; April 23rd, 2014 at 1:43 AM.

4. Thanks lovetoread thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    One way that I have found to increase the odds of germination in bluebonnet seeds is to scarify them by rubbing them against a rough surface for a few minutes. You can even put them under your foot on the sidewalk and sort of roll them around. Planting them in the Fall and providing adequate irrigation will allow the seed to germinate. The plant will overwinter as a floret and bloom in the Spring. Another fun thing for students is to make seed balls in class. We used to tie it in with a reading of Johnny Appleseed or something similar. Wildflower seeds can be mixed into a seeding mixture by the kids, shaped into round balls and then they can take the balls home and scatter them.

6. Likes CenTexDave, Rick liked this post
    Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    And for language arts include the legend if the bluebonnet http://www.coedu.usf.edu/culture/Story/Story_Texas.htm

There is a beautifully illustrated book by DePaulo (hope I'm remembering the name correctly; it's been many, many blue moons since I taught the younglings)

There is alo a legend of the paintbrush not as widely known; blooms about the same time as bluebonnet s and often seen together
    The author is Tommi Dipaolo. Love her books.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3