Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Roof replacement

Post Thanks / Like

Roof replacement

Well, the insurance adjusters have finally come and gone, and now it is time to look for a reputable roofer.

Just in case some of you are in the same boat after the hail storm, there are a lot of out of town roofers running all over the place. I called Lange, because they are local, and have a good rep. They won't even be able to come look at the roof for about 2 weeks, much less see when they can actually do the work.

So far, we are looking at about $4000 damage on the car (earliest fix date is in August) and about $4000 or more on the roof, and fans and gutters.. No telling when they can get to the roof.

One thing the adjusters did say that makes sense, is that if your current roof is damaged, but not leaking, it may be a good idea to wait until after storm season is over to get the roof replaced.

If you have an adjuster come out, make sure they check out fence damage, the roof, gutters, any and all attached structures such as sheds etc., and all of your windows and screens. They found damage to some of our screens that I never even noticed.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

2. Thanks CenTexDave, Grammar Rules thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A couple years ago, we had a metal roof installed. I think H.I.S. contractors did the work for us. It has been good. Its just kinda noisy during a hail storm.
    Ah Billy, Billy, Billy, what've ye unleashed upon mankind?

4. Thanks Mestral thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, the insurance adjusters have finally come and gone, and now it is time to look for a reputable roofer.

Just in case some of you are in the same boat after the hail storm, there are a lot of out of town roofers running all over the place. I called Lange, because they are local, and have a good rep. They won't even be able to come look at the roof for about 2 weeks, much less see when they can actually do the work.

So far, we are looking at about $4000 damage on the car (earliest fix date is in August) and about $4000 or more on the roof, and fans and gutters.. No telling when they can get to the roof.

One thing the adjusters did say that makes sense, is that if your current roof is damaged, but not leaking, it may be a good idea to wait until after storm season is over to get the roof replaced.

If you have an adjuster come out, make sure they check out fence damage, the roof, gutters, any and all attached structures such as sheds etc., and all of your windows and screens. They found damage to some of our screens that I never even noticed.
    I don't know if he does major repairs, but Tommy Thompson replaced a few missing shingles on our roof when he came to clean the dryer vent and the chimney. Decently priced.

6. Thanks Mestral thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a representative of a roofing company from San Antonio knock on my door yesterday. Plus today got a mailing from a company in Austin. I'm going to wait for a local roofer.

8. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Call your insurance company also. Let them send an adjuster and check it out. Then compare what the insurance company and the roofer come up with.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had three out of town roofers come to the door today. I sent them packing. First question is always where are you from.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

11. Thanks Mestral thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lange roofing does an excellent job.

13. Thanks Mestral, Night Owl thanked this post
    Likes joyohjoy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I called Lange, and will probably go with them anyhow. They do good work, and if the job is not up to par, I know where they live.

There are roofers falling all over each other around town. I don't trust a one of them. Them, or the hundreds of "dent guys" you see on every corner. The repairs for the new car lots are what is backing a lot of the lag time on dent repairs and paint jobs. Our repair date is in Mid August. But then, we need a new hood, paint and body on the roof, new top rails, and other cosmetic stuff to be done. About $4500.

Dave, I called the adjuster before talking to a roofer. I know what a roofer is going to tell me. The adjuster was actually surprised I didn't already have an estimate. Shoot, even after I called Lange, they won't be able to even get out to the house for at least 2 weeks to get me an estimate. Probably a good thing, as the roof isn't actually leaking, and storm season ain't over yet.

One thing that did give me a laugh was when the adjuster told me she would give me a solid estimate once they had satellite surveyed the roof area of the house. Say What? That's right... They have a satellite that takes a photo of the roof from space and measures the square footage. I sure hope I'm not doing anything inappropriate in the back yard when they take the shot. Shades of NSA?
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

15. LOL CenTexDave, Mestral, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who the hell is your insurance company?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who the hell is your insurance company?
    Probably North Star Associates, and Consolidated Insurance Association. (acronyms anyone?)
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

18. Likes Unorunner liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast