Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Chart App from Scott & White

Cedarwhackerville, Bell County-7 Generations
    Post Thanks / Like

My Chart App from Scott & White

Has anyone signed up for this? S&W is promoting it as a way to communicate with your doctor and (presumably) avoid office visits for minor, self-limiting ailments. I haven't looked into it yet. Maybe I will sign up this weekend.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grammar Rules View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone signed up for this? S&W is promoting it as a way to communicate with your doctor and (presumably) avoid office visits for minor, self-limiting ailments. I haven't looked into it yet. Maybe I will sign up this weekend.
    i don't know what a "self limiting ailment" is but i have the VA version of this and find it pretty handy at times........my version also includes access to my doc or his clinic manager via email......mac

3. Thanks Grammar Rules thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Self-limiting ailments are those that will clear up on their own or with over-the-counter meds whether or not you go see the doctor.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

5. Likes Night Owl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Then why go to the doctor? They will get better on their own.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    i don't know what a "self limiting ailment" is but i have the VA version of this and find it pretty handy at times........my version also includes access to my doc or his clinic manager via email......mac
    After 8 months of trying to get mine going, I just checked and I FINALLY have all the access upgrades! Before I could only submit for prescription refills. I'm looking forward to using the newly unlocked features here as I can. Seeing as how it's a 45 min drive each way for me, and now they don't even give you gas money on the spot to get back home...I hate going to the VA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl View Post
    Then why go to the doctor? They will get better on their own.
    Oh my gosh, Hooter, the doctor or nurse tells the worried young mom what to put on the baby's rash and what else to check that might indicate something more serious. Or maybe they just tell an old guy to take a little blue pill.
    Y'ALL MEANS ALL.

9. LOL CenTexDave, xzochye, Night Owl, Iteachtoo LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been meaning to sign up for this with S&W, but don't understand how you do it. Can anyone tell me what is required?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to go in person and get a code that is good for a short period of time and use it to apply on line. with out the code word it's a nogo.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it so far, but have to Google quite a bit of medical terminology when reading reports from x-rays and CT scans etc. I would imagine some folks would rather not know what's in the reports if they are worried about a particular problem they may or may not have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CenTexDave View Post
    I've been meaning to sign up for this with S&W, but don't understand how you do it. Can anyone tell me what is required?
    I went to my clinic last week and got hit up with this new program as well. No one actually explained anything to me, as S and W is currently converting all of its computer to a new system and the receptionists and clerks were still wrestling with the new system. Most like it, but it is new and NOT improved, evidently.

They gave me a pamphlet that said I could return to the clinic for an access code that would allow me in to the system. Haven't done it yet because I'm still trying to get used to my new doctor after my last doc passed away. He is not a good communicator...as you can go for an appointment and the only words he will say are "good morning" and "goodbye".

All of the data he has at his fingertips is analyzed by him, typed into the computer, printed out and handed to me. No personal interaction with the doctor at all. 15 minutes of silence, a printout, and then a kick out the door. Then, they call you (a nurse usually) and let you know when your next appointment is and what you need to do to prepare.

Oh, and if you use Expresscripts as I do, getting the clinic to actually fax Expresscripts with a prescription renewal is like pulling hens teeth. I have continually had to go down with a printed list and demand to see my nurse to get any results. Don't bother using Expresscripts auto refill app. Or don't just call the desk and tell them what you need...it's like giving data to a black hole.

As far as the chart produced with your health profile, you had better check it very carefully. Mine said I had a speech impairment (which I don't), that I was supposed to be taking 4 times the actual prescribed amount of 2 different medications (that took 3 days to straighten out) and that I needed a plantars wart removed (which was done 2 years ago). Seems the system not only puts in you actual doctors prescription, but also adds what the computer "thinks" the prescription should be.

A ton of problems with the system. Hopefully they will iron them out.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

14. Likes Grammar Rules, siamcat liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast