Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Chart App from Scott & White

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, this is probably being done so the Obamunists can use the NSA to hack into everyone's medical records, declare everyone crazy, then send Heimat Sicherheitsdeinst to confiscate everyone's weapons.

2. LOL CenTexDave, Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by circle_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have to go in person and get a code that is good for a short period of time and use it to apply on line. with out the code word it's a nogo.
    Normal - make an appointment just to receive a code to do this. And, of course, S&W will bill your insurance company $300+.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert II View Post
    LOL, this is probably being done so the Obamunists can use the NSA to hack into everyone's medical records, declare everyone crazy, then send Heimat Sicherheitsdeinst to confiscate everyone's weapons.
    Yeah...I thought about that too. The first thing they make you do is scan in your drivers license or some other form of photo ID. Like they don't know you by now. I mean, I've only been in the SW system for 15 years or so.

Once they have your ID, on subsequent visits, they can pull up everything about you in seconds, and even schedule future appointments so they do not conflict with any other appointments that you may have. Wonder if the HMOs cross-share that info. Wouldn't surprise me.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

5. Likes Dagobert II liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    I went to my clinic last week and got hit up with this new program as well. No one actually explained anything to me, as S and W is currently converting all of its computer to a new system and the receptionists and clerks were still wrestling with the new system. Most like it, but it is new and NOT improved, evidently.

They gave me a pamphlet that said I could return to the clinic for an access code that would allow me in to the system. Haven't done it yet because I'm still trying to get used to my new doctor after my last doc passed away. He is not a good communicator...as you can go for an appointment and the only words he will say are "good morning" and "goodbye".

All of the data he has at his fingertips is analyzed by him, typed into the computer, printed out and handed to me. No personal interaction with the doctor at all. 15 minutes of silence, a printout, and then a kick out the door. Then, they call you (a nurse usually) and let you know when your next appointment is and what you need to do to prepare.

Oh, and if you use Expresscripts as I do, getting the clinic to actually fax Expresscripts with a prescription renewal is like pulling hens teeth. I have continually had to go down with a printed list and demand to see my nurse to get any results. Don't bother using Expresscripts auto refill app. Or don't just call the desk and tell them what you need...it's like giving data to a black hole.

As far as the chart produced with your health profile, you had better check it very carefully. Mine said I had a speech impairment (which I don't), that I was supposed to be taking 4 times the actual prescribed amount of 2 different medications (that took 3 days to straighten out) and that I needed a plantars wart removed (which was done 2 years ago). Seems the system not only puts in you actual doctors prescription, but also adds what the computer "thinks" the prescription should be.

A ton of problems with the system. Hopefully they will iron them out.
    Do you think express scripts is better then Tricare or the VA? We get our meds by mail from the VA and some from Tricare and never have had any problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife never had any problems getting her meds through the VA either.

Expresscripts is Tricares preferred delivery system for meds. I use expresscripts because almost all of the meds are free except the more expensive ones, which are usually a $3 copay for a 90 day supply. Beats the heck out of paying about $120 a month going down to Walmart.

Expresscripts isn't my delivery problem... That is caused by my mediocre service from my S and W local clinic. Problem being that Expresscripts has it set up so that when you are getting low on meds, they request them to be renewed automatically from the doctors office via FAX. For some reason, either the FAX never seems to get there (which I doubt) or the clinic doesn't bother to read them and react. The clinic I use is like a black hole. I have even hand carried requests for renewals to them and have had them "disappear" into la la land.

My only gripe with Expresscripts is when they changed their website. Somehow, whenever a system that works is put in place, some chairbound genius decides he needs to justify his paycheck by reinventing the wheel. Which they did. And things have been crappy ever since.

But, crying about it doesn't do any good, so I just have to do what I have to do to make it work. That means going down to the clinic 3 times with hand carried requests for prescription renewals every 30 days. Oh, the clinic knows they have a problem, but it always winds up with me having to go down there and raise a stink.
    If you do not read the news you are uninformed. If you do you are misinformed. Mark Twain

8. Thanks just2cents thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sojourner truth View Post
    My wife never had any problems getting her meds through the VA either.

Expresscripts is Tricares preferred delivery system for meds. I use expresscripts because almost all of the meds are free except the more expensive ones, which are usually a $3 copay for a 90 day supply. Beats the heck out of paying about $120 a month going down to Walmart.

Expresscripts isn't my delivery problem... That is caused by my mediocre service from my S and W local clinic. Problem being that Expresscripts has it set up so that when you are getting low on meds, they request them to be renewed automatically from the doctors office via FAX. For some reason, either the FAX never seems to get there (which I doubt) or the clinic doesn't bother to read them and react. The clinic I use is like a black hole. I have even hand carried requests for renewals to them and have had them "disappear" into la la land.

My only gripe with Expresscripts is when they changed their website. Somehow, whenever a system that works is put in place, some chairbound genius decides he needs to justify his paycheck by reinventing the wheel. Which they did. And things have been crappy ever since.

But, crying about it doesn't do any good, so I just have to do what I have to do to make it work. That means going down to the clinic 3 times with hand carried requests for prescription renewals every 30 days. Oh, the clinic knows they have a problem, but it always winds up with me having to go down there and raise a stink.
    For those with covered prescriptions that don't want to use Expressscripts I would highly recommend CVS. My daughter has a six month prescription and it's set up to auto renew. About 4 or 5 days before she runs out CVS calls me and lets me know it's ready for pick-up.
    If there are no more refills they even contact the doctor to get it renewed and then fill it. If auto renew isn't available or not set up a real person calls you to let you know it's time to refill.

I don't know if I would want my medical records on-line. It might be convenient, but who has access and how secure is the network?

Post Thanks / Like
    Expresscripts is set up the same way with auto refills and notification of the doctor when meds are due for refill. The problem is with who you use as a clinic, and the type of staff they have.

Apparently. my clinic staff is brain dead.

Post Thanks / Like
    is the new hospital on ft. hood open yet? if so, does anyone know how their pharmacy is workin'? better than the old one or just the same ole wait.....mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by siamcat View Post
    For those with covered prescriptions that don't want to use Expressscripts I would highly recommend CVS. My daughter has a six month prescription and it's set up to auto renew. About 4 or 5 days before she runs out CVS calls me and lets me know it's ready for pick-up.
    If there are no more refills they even contact the doctor to get it renewed and then fill it. If auto renew isn't available or not set up a real person calls you to let you know it's time to refill.

I don't know if I would want my medical records on-line. It might be convenient, but who has access and how secure is the network?
    That's how Target is too. I love how quick Target is. I can drop the prescription off and go browse the dollar spot and then go back and get it. If there are a bit busy I walk down to Petco or Dollar Tree.
    VOTE Rainwater and Snyder!!

BOYCOTT
    - Wells Laundry *Extraco Bank *Towne Services Moving and Storage *Purser Construction *Toyota of Killeen Patriot Buick *Bigham Kliewer Chapman & Watts Insurance Agency

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    is the new hospital on ft. hood open yet? if so, does anyone know how their pharmacy is workin'? better than the old one or just the same ole wait.....mac
    No, and same ole wait.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2