Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Scarlett is right here...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bbh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, but we often tend to take on by-products of our environment. If the environment is toxic, we usually are not as healthy and happy. I understood from Scarlett's post that she wasn't happy with some of the things she had said in defense from attacks by others against herself and people she cared about. Rather than blaming someone else for making her say "ugly" things, I viewed Scarlett's post as recognizing that she had said things that were not reflective of who she is and who she wants to be. I think that's admirable. Not everyone, including some of us on this forum, are so forthcoming with admissions of ill-advised words we have written or spoken.

As far as Rick deleting a post "to protect" Scarlett, I don't think that was the case at all. One of the main forum rules is the one against personal attacks. Rick cannot handle 100% of the monitoring on every single thread all by himself, especially when he's as busy as he's been lately. He deletes them when he sees them. That was a personal attack....no question about it....so he deleted it.

There have been more than a few times when I felt regret for something I wrote. On more than one occasion, I've apologized online and/or through private message. I think that's the honorable thing to do when you look in the mirror (or read your words on the screen) and recognize your mistake.

But, of course, first you have to be a big enough person to be able to recognize your mistakes in the first place.
    i just can't believe that scarlett would beat up on folks or call them names or make fun of their inadequacies or anything like that.....i mean, why would she ever do that? she's never ever never done that to anybody else on here........mac

2. LOL Night Owl LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only to you, Mac.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was serious about this meditation music:
    http://www.clickanerd.com/ctt/1-relax-sleep-music.mp3

Listen to this for 30 minutes a day and see if you dont feel like letting all of life's annoyances roll off you like water off a duck.

Get a 60 minute massage with hot oil and rocks while listening to this and you wouldn't care if a meteorite hit the house next door.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it should be noted that negativity tends to breed negativity. Not only has there been negativity toward some teachers and the education system, there has also been a lot of negativity expressed by some KISD teachers on this forum. Negativity toward the board, some principals, central office administrators and employees, etc. A lot of comments by some of the teachers on this forum do not reflect very well on their profession.
    All I got to say about that is "good fences (or firewalls) make good neighbors." (And yes, I know that could make more work for Admin, but might make less work moderating)

I suspect the reason I don't see a lot of the "negativity" and "nasty personal attacks" (quoting bbh in post#14) stems from the fact that I generally avoid certain areas of the board. (At least I don't see it, except when I am the middle of it)
    I don't mind being called far right.
    I have been right so far.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5