District 12-6A
    Belton
    Copperas Cove
    Killeen
    Ellison
    Harker Heights
    Shoemaker
    Waco Midway

Bi District opponents from Districh 11-6A include six high schools from Garland, Rockwall and Tyler Lee
    "Any Society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman

2. Likes cnjbond liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Much better for this district. Finally out of Region I.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

4. Likes cnjbond, RooDawg, ethelm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, finally out of region 1. I was hoping for another 6a team to replace Temple. As big of a Roo fan as I am, the district will be very weak with Cove and Midway almost guaranteed playoff spots. Was surprised at the UIL sending the 2 Waco schools and Temple to paly Elgin etc. I do hope some of the 6a's can schedule Temple to keep that rivalry going.

6. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonder if Cove and Consolidated will still play. If I remember a few years ago when Cove dropped to the then 4a, Consolidated didn't want to play a lower classification team. Now Consolidated is a 5A team.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand how Waco Midway gets added and Temple gets the boot, the last I checked, you had to drive through Temple to get to Waco.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cnjbond View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand how Waco Midway gets added and Temple gets the boot, the last I checked, you had to drive through Temple to get to Waco.
    It all has to do with student numbers. The 6-A Cutoff was 2100 students. Temple had less than that, so they drop to 5-A.
    "Any Society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

"My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman

10. Thanks cnjbond thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It all has to do with student numbers. The 6-A Cutoff was 2100 students. Temple had less than that, so they drop to 5-A.
    I didn't know Temple dropped...those ISD boundaries must be really weird for Belton to have more HS students than Temple.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

12. Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A large portion of the far west side of Temple is in the Belton ISD. There is a lot of growth there. Belton actually has several schools that are in the Temple city limits.

14. Thanks cnjbond thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plus, Belton has that new, advanced high school , of which there are supposedly only two in the nation, that people are trying to get their kids into.
    "What you do, who you’re with, and how you feel about the world around you, is completely up to you."

Mike Rowe

16. Thanks cnjbond thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a pretty weak district for sure. But at least we're in Region II now, and don't have to open the playoffs by playing DeSoto and some of those powerhouse teams. The last time Cove had deep runs in the playoffs was in Region II - still good teams but not state championship caliber.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast