Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...videos_sherman

Listen to the whole thing and then tell me what you think about him. He honestly congratulated that guy and he got his face shoved.
    Knowledge isn't power. Applied knowledge is power. -borrowed quote

2. Likes cnjbond, CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Denver will win. 24-20.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

4. Likes bbh liked this post
    Saddened by Texas Immigrant is saddened by this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bet the house on it.

No don't.

TEXAS has a balanced budget.

Jesus Saves, even Agnostics.

Draining the Swamp is a tough job.

6. LOL CenTexDave LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find myself less and less interested in Super Bowls as the years go by. And this year it's being played in New Jersey. Hope they have a blizzard.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Immigrant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Listen to the whole thing and then tell me what you think about him. He honestly congratulated that guy and he got his face shoved.
    Made Crabtree look like the bigger douche in my opinion! That was a hard fought game and the least Crabby patty could've done was shake hands...Sherman's post game rant was a little extreme but now it's in context to the situation that transpired on the field.
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

9. Thanks Texas Immigrant thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Super Bowl

This one should be a great matchup, even if they are calling it "The Pot Bowl."

But, I have to ask --

In what alternate universe did the NFL powers-that-be sit down at a table, look at each other, and say, "Let's have the 2014 Super Bowl in early February (Groundhog Day, actually)....at the Meadowlands....in NEW JERSEY? Was that really a smart move?

Early weather models say it could be very, very dicey. Forget the game itself. I get it. It's football. All that testosterone. Who cares if it's cold? Don't even need long-sleeves. Little snow and ice? No problem.

But what above travel? Blizzards are common this time of year on the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast coast. Remember Winter Storm Nemo last year? Almost 5,000 flights were cancelled over the last couple of days with this current storm. What a mess that would be for Super Bowl weekend.

I just read this: "In case of a forecast of heavy snow, the NFL says it will reschedule the Super Bowl for either Saturday, Monday or Tuesday." Really? Have they noticed that Super Bowl is really kind of a big deal? They maybe will just switch it to another day just like that?

Why would they tempt fate this way? Just seems stupid to me. But then what do I know. I actually put a coat on when it's cold. Most females are just silly that way.

11. Thanks xzochye thanked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Immigrant View Post

I know there is a lot of trash talk and emotion on the field, and one had better be prepared to defend one's self when attacked. One of the worst trash talkers and trouble makers is No. 81 for the 49'er (Boldin). However, the trash talk and acting like a spoiled brat needs to stop when the game is over. But here is my complaint about Sherman: All of these guys, in my opinion, have an obligation, duty and responsibility…and that is one of image. The NFL recognizes that, which is the reason they have rules regarding behavior. But is ticks me off that Sherman is a pathetic example to our youth. There are kids all over, from the "hood" to my 11-year-old grandson, who love the Seahawks. Grandson just idolizes them. Then this guy comes out acting like a jerk. We told our grandson, "don't you ever act like that. It's wrong, stupid, and classless."

Nevertheless, behavior like Sherman's will be emulated by many young ones, and it becomes part of the culture. I was recently watching a documentary about Archie Manning with lots of game clips, and I was reminded of the days when there was no hot-dogging, no displays of "look how cool I am." I liked those days way better than what's going on today.

13. Likes CenTexDave, cnjbond liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bbh View Post
    I know there is a lot of trash talk and emotion on the field, and one had better be prepared to defend one's self when attacked. One of the worst trash talkers and trouble makers is No. 81 for the 49'er (Boldin). However, the trash talk and acting like a spoiled brat needs to stop when the game is over. But here is my complaint about Sherman: All of these guys, in my opinion, have an obligation, duty and responsibility…and that is one of image. The NFL recognizes that, which is the reason they have rules regarding behavior. But is ticks me off that Sherman is a pathetic example to our youth. There are kids all over, from the "hood" to my 11-year-old grandson, who love the Seahawks. Grandson just idolizes them. Then this guy comes out acting like a jerk. We told our grandson, "don't you ever act like that. It's wrong, stupid, and classless."

Nevertheless, behavior like Sherman's will be emulated by many young ones, and it becomes part of the culture. I was recently watching a documentary about Archie Manning with lots of game clips, and I was reminded of the days when there was no hot-dogging, no displays of "look how cool I am." I liked those days way better than what's going on today.
    Those days also didn't have all access media 24/7 either...again, not trying to make excuses but again, I say put it in the proper context of the moment. Sherman thrives on trash talk (and pretty much backs it up) but I bet you most of the receivers he covers will say they still respect him. He also went to great lengths to apologize for what he did.

I find it funny that we're not condemning Crabtree for his actions. I c.an understand how he felt after battling with Sherman all day trading barbs back and forth and Sherman getting the best of him on the last play that was the difference in them not going to the Superbowl but come on buddy, a shove to the face after he congratulated you on a "helluva game" is downright disrepectful.

I agree that sports has become less of a team focused event than individual but the NFL markets that stuff, if they didn't, they wouldn't mic the players up...ESPECIALLY Sherman!
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~ Marvin Philliips

15. Thanks Texas Immigrant thanked this post
    Likes CenTexDave, bbh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with everything you said, Mr. Bond!

17. LOL cnjbond LOL'd at this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bbh View Post
    I agree with everything you said, Mr. Bond!
    That feels like a "mercy" agreement...or a tired of chasing your tail agreement.
    Last edited by cnjbond; January 23rd, 2014 at 6:05 PM.

19. LOL CenTexDave, bbh LOL'd at this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast